Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Mini Quake ESC broken!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 12:22 AM
etphnhmz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Quake ESC broken!

will duratrax be able to replace this because i am under the 90 day warranty. and if so it says give a good explanation of the problem does that mean explain why its broken or what it effects on the truck. and it says on the manual they will replace the poorly made part but mine wasnt poorly made it broke in an explosion. thx for the help.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:39 AM
Mr. Mugen

Default RE: Mini Quake ESC broken!

good luck
Old 01-17-2007, 02:00 AM
stewtheman

I'd call them up and talk to them first. They've replaced that same ESC for me before, although mine wasn't involved in an explosion.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:26 AM
joeyblaze

how did u explode it? my stock esc wasnt the best but never exploded lol, i got a mc230cr now, and i love soon to be replaced by my mamba 25 bl set up
Old 01-17-2007, 12:20 PM
hunter306

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: etphnhmz

will duratrax be able to replace this because i am under the 90 day warranty. and if so it says give a good explanation of the problem does that mean explain why its broken or what it effects on the truck. and it says on the manual they will replace the poorly made part but mine wasnt poorly made it broke in an explosion. thx for the help.
Duratrax has great customer service and easy/fast warranty replacement. I had a great experience with them.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:37 PM
Mr. Mugen

He did a no no when charging his battery. Charged a micro pack at way too high amps.....BOOM. Esc was damaged in exp. I think.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:18 PM
joeyblaze

whywould u charge your pack when its in the car?.... no good can come out of that
Old 01-17-2007, 03:27 PM
stewtheman

I almost exclusively charge my battery packs while they're in the vehicles and I've never had any problems. I guess it's not the best scenario in the case of a charging catastrophe, but the probability of such a catastrophe just can't justify the work it takes to take the batteries out. OK, fine, I'm just lazy. I have had the batteries in my JR radio completely melt the back of it when my charger failed to peak. It still works, though. I also had an ESC go up in massive flames while driving my TT-01 and amazingly nothing else was damaged.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:08 PM
cjg

ORIGINAL: stewtheman

I almost exclusively charge my battery packs while they're in the vehicles and I've never had any problems. I guess it's not the best scenario in the case of a charging catastrophe, but the probability of such a catastrophe just can't justify the work it takes to take the batteries out. OK, fine, I'm just lazy. I have had the batteries in my JR radio completely melt the back of it when my charger failed to peak. It still works, though. I also had an ESC go up in massive flames while driving my TT-01 and amazingly nothing else was damaged.
I've had a battery overheat when it failed to peak. Glad it wasn't in the car at the time. It's not that much work to take it out.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:14 PM
jombo

ORIGINAL: Mr. Mugen

He did a no no when charging his battery. Charged a micro pack at way too high amps.....BOOM. Esc was damaged in exp. I think.
exactly, just bight the bullet and buy this. i have it in mine and it works great.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGZX1&P=0
Old 01-18-2007, 12:29 AM
stewtheman

ORIGINAL: cjg

It's not that much work to take it out.
True true, but it is even less work to not take it out. We're talking probabilities of ill effects vs. my resistance to do a removal and replacement job, which would also require me to remove the body and subsequently replace it. This saves me about a minute per charge in my MQ. Just think, I would lose an entire day of my life removing and replacing battery packs and bodies by just the 1440th charge! I have convinced you now, haven't I? LOL!