Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

making money

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 02:17 AM
heli
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default making money

I need some ideas on how to make money. I need to buy a 3 cell 1200-1800 mah lipo pack. If you have one willing to let go for cheap I will take it. Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-30-2006, 02:24 AM
the shiz
Banned

Default RE: making money

get a job
dont be lazy
Old 12-30-2006, 10:38 AM
ChrisJuliano

$50 isnt that hard to make

lets say your parents are cheap, and they only give $10 a job, maybe do the grass 2 times a week, thats $20, then clean the house maybe, thats another $10 for a total of $30, then you can wash the cars twice in that week and get $50 which is enough to get the battery brand new

all in 1 week
Old 12-30-2006, 10:47 AM
lever02

Well, there's always the tooth fairy, but knocking out your own teeth is not such a good idea. Talk with the neighbors, they always have a small chore the don't want to do. Taking down christmas decoations is something I would pay you to do. Whatever job you take on, DO IT WELL! Good luck.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:55 AM
ChrisJuliano

good idea, knock out all your teeth, you can surely get $50 for that

then, you can have it on video and sell it for some more cash, you cold be rich! and im sure the girls at your school will love the new look!
Old 12-30-2006, 11:03 AM
Mr. Mugen

how old are you? Just curious. I worked since I was 8 yrs old doing all kinds of things around the neighborhood. I always had money in my pocket but I tried very hard to get there too. If you put some effort forth good things DO come from it. Good Luck
Old 12-30-2006, 11:07 AM
Hammerhead808

Get all the stuff you don't use and sell it on ebay.
Manual labor is STUPID this day and age.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:30 AM
lever02

Manual labor is stupid? Not so. It builds a good work ethic that will carry this kid through life. I could go on and on about the benifits of a good job done well...Hammerhead it's obvious to me that you are young and have a long road to travel.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:44 AM
Mr. Mugen

Yes indeed a very long road. Stupid? Stupid is what stupid says..........
Old 12-30-2006, 12:01 PM
Haulin Azz

hammer you sound lazy, is sitting on ebay all you do?
Old 12-30-2006, 12:26 PM
Hammerhead808

ORIGINAL: Haulin Azz

So if ebay is the main source of income for a wheelchair bound person, you'd call him lazy?
Thank God I am not, but I fail to understand your logic.

I'm a senior programmer/analyst and ebay is only to make money to fund this hobby. I don't know how you call making money on ebay lazy. I'm an ebay power seller meaning that I maintain $1000 sales per month. I also e-lance on the side making graphics and logos for companies and websites, also coding on small scale side projects. So you can see that my plate is pretty full. Lazy? Hardly!

In this day and age there are so many ways to make legit money using your computer. The OP has a computer and internet access. He can do ebay. He can learn to program (Microsoft offers Visual Studio Express for free), and do some programming on the side). Every computer has a graphics program and he can do some freelance work.

I just choose to keep up with technology and learned that working an hour programming pays a heck of a lot more than working an hour in the field.

lever02 what are some work ethics that I can't learn in my profession?
Old 12-30-2006, 12:35 PM
Mr. Mugen

Ok....so we learned that you can make money doing just about anything. Don't feel bad doing something that requires no physical labor. There are plenty of people doing that aparently already. If everyone had that way of thinking the pot holes in the road would give you reason to appreciate it.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:49 PM
heli

well i just mowed the lawn yesterday. I am 15 but no place where I live is taking anybody. I have tried small local restraunts, winn dixie, and fast food but the dont take anyone under 16. Thanks for the info on what I should do. Me and my sister alternate on the kitchen. She does it for one week I do it for one week etc..... we have to keep the kitchen clean.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:18 PM
Kokopelli06

If you have a local country club see if you can work there. I work at mine and make $30 and Tips every sunday, then i get $25 in pay, so thats $55 a week.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:25 PM
jeep2003

I have a real job but every saturday i go to the junkyard and gather old willys jeep parts to sell on ebay. Jeeps are just my interest but im sure you can do it with any old car. The trick is to keep an eye out on ebay so you know what to look for. This month i turned 50 buks into 800. i dont know why everyone doesnt do it
Old 12-30-2006, 03:25 PM
Mr. Mugen

Have you tried the neighbors (if any)? Try them, I used to keep the neighborhood in tip top shape all year round. I cut grass, raked, planted flowers, cut trees, shoveled snow. Dug holes and trenches for sewer lines....all kinds of stuff. I had quite a collection of fishing tackle and r/c cars that would meet the envy of most any kid. Heck I even worked at the library restocking the books 2 days a week. I met a bunch of good people doing that and still know most of them to this very day. I met another guy who needed work while working at the library. One thing led to the next and wahala. I still do more than one job. I can't commit to one thing. It is easy to loose sight of things too easily for me. I like people and spend most of my days helping them one way or another.....
Old 12-30-2006, 03:51 PM
heli

Thanks I will try my neighbor chris looks like he needs his grass cut.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:09 PM
dirtyrice

ORIGINAL: Hammerhead808

ORIGINAL: Haulin Azz

So if ebay is the main source of income for a wheelchair bound person, you'd call him lazy?
Thank God I am not, but I fail to understand your logic.

I'm a senior programmer/analyst and ebay is only to make money to fund this hobby. I don't know how you call making money on ebay lazy. I'm an ebay power seller meaning that I maintain $1000 sales per month. I also e-lance on the side making graphics and logos for companies and websites, also coding on small scale side projects. So you can see that my plate is pretty full. Lazy? Hardly!

In this day and age there are so many ways to make legit money using your computer. The OP has a computer and internet access. He can do ebay. He can learn to program (Microsoft offers Visual Studio Express for free), and do some programming on the side). Every computer has a graphics program and he can do some freelance work.

I just choose to keep up with technology and learned that working an hour programming pays a heck of a lot more than working an hour in the field.

lever02 what are some work ethics that I can't learn in my profession?
That's great that you make a living away from manual labor, but you MUST understand that without manual labor, the world would not move! Your statement should have been thought out a little better and with a little more sensitivity to others. Why don't you tell that statement to your automotive tech next time you take your car in...or the next time you hire someone to paint your house, clean your pool, even deliver your mail or packages! Tell them how you feel about manual labor! I'm sure they will appreciate your thoughts and statements.

Heli, just keep going at it! I didn't have a lot of money when I was younger, but managed to save what I had to get what I wanted or needed. Neighbors are a good source, but as mentioned before, do the best job you can...even if you feel you are getting underpaid. Just keep at it! Good luck!
Old 12-30-2006, 11:56 PM
clockwork1

well if i were you id start a lemonade stand. I made 19 bucks once. lol well I don t know what your parents do but i help my dad on school breaks Helping him with his "manual labor job" lol Hes like a fix everyhing type of guy. Hes better then a handy man and does more. I get paid pretty well depending on what we do. A roof job "takes all day" $50, a regular day $45, unless its a hard regular day $50. Picking up dog doo makes you a lot of money, cause everyone hates that. I once made buisness cards and handed them out to all my neighbors, It said baby sitting, walking dogs, yard work, misc. jobs. The absolute best jobs ive ever done for money is watching peoples house's while they were out of town. I would make $10 a day with like 2 people at once that was like 5 days one house "$50" The like 7 days another " $70" thats like $120. It takes money to make money. If you were good at painting bodies you can paint a body then sell it on ebay and make good money off that, because lots of people like to buy already painted bodies. Another thing that i make money at hustle your friends at lunch, lol i would ask for food that people didnt want and then i would sell it to a buddy.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:28 AM
Fiegs

I think lemonade stands only work if your 8 or under
not when your 15

you could always return one of the gifts you got for x-mas,
everyone gets something they don't really need
Old 12-31-2006, 12:47 AM
ArizonaRevo

manual labor is stupid .........i always laugh when people talk bad about manual labor. i started when i was 15 painting houses here in phoenix and now have 75 employees give or take each week and make a hella lot of money to buy alot of r/c toys at age 35.
the kid who is looking for a job try being a construction laborer on the weekends it builds good work ethics and will teach you honest values for your future whatever you decide to do.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:16 PM
hands without shadows

Since your not 16 yet, ask our parents if they have any friends that will hire you under the table, or find some small (got to be small, and cant be a corporation) local businesses and ask there. Its really not that hard to find a a job working minimum wage, I hate it when people use "theres no jobs available" as an excuse for being poor. BTW, this year marks a major employee shortage, in Canada at least.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:03 PM
clockwork1

Dude i wanna be rich, when im young and on my own. Im gonna own my own car customizing and/or offroad buisness.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:51 PM
Irlsh
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: clockwork1

Dude i wanna be rich, when im young and on my own. Im gonna own my own car customizing and/or offroad buisness.

at 15 you can get a work permit through your school to allow you to work at those stores you mentioned but im sure grades play factors in that..

unfortunalty at that age show the whilling to help out your parents do extra stuff even when not asked to. you will be suprised how your parents appreciate and reward you! goodluck i was 15 once as well i know how hard it was for this hobby and it was ALOT more exspensive 20 years ago
Old 12-31-2006, 09:55 PM
Mr. Mugen

goodluck i was 15 once as well i know how hard it was for this hobby and it was ALOT more exspensive 20 years ago
[/quote]

I hear ya there. I always had caluses (sp?) on my hands from manual labor but the r/c's I had then showed I worked hard. I remember having to wait over a week for parts from tower, by then I fab'd something to work..lol. I had a kyosho raider and optima that cost me a small fortune when I was young.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.