Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

MLST

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 10:58 PM
hpibasher2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MLST

well, i got a mlst for x-mas and i decided i would go the opposite route of my mini-t. i want to go brushless but i need some input first. what kind of speeds are expected with stock gearing and a wriath 7k? (dont know if this is needed information but im using a IB1400) also what speed control should i go with. i have heard of problems with the quark 33A pro car with stock radio gear, which im keeping, so what is the problem with the quark and radio gear, and if not the pro car then should i get the tekin or the mamba. And last but not least what are the mandatory (and some safe measure) supporting mods. i already have center cvd's, gpm front and rear diffs are in the mail as is the ball diff, deans are on there, and cvd's on all four corners are coming soon

thanks in advance
Old 12-31-2006, 05:01 PM
Kokopelli06

Default RE: MLST

Well the speed depends on how many cells you are using, i would guess with a 6 cell pack you would go anywhere from 23-30 mph. I would use the mamba 25 speed control. I would get a metal spur gear just to be safe. Hope this helps
Old 12-31-2006, 08:23 PM
Racing T

dont expect insane speeds on a brushless mini lst running on a 6 cell nimh, with a wraith it would be a lot faster than stock but not THAT fast, the quark has probles with the stock radio but there is a trick to make it work. but if you want a more secure way go for the mamba. And I recommend you to get the metal diffs. becose the stock stock drivetrain have problems with brushless power.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:49 PM
HangGlide

ORIGINAL: Racing T
...the quark has problems with the stock radio but there is a trick to make it work.
So what EXACTLY is the problem that occurs between the stock Rx and the Quark33? This has been said over and over but I have yet to hear what the problem is.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:15 PM
Racing T

the problem is the throttle curve, let me explain, all the esc need to know your radio, for example, they need to know when your transmitter is at full throttle, neutral and full brake, to give the respective order to the motor. Thats what we do when we set up a esc for the first time or for a different radio. now the problem with the stock radio and quark is that the stock radio has a very bad throttle curve so the quark can be set up right, the problem is the quark doesn't recognize when is at full throttle so it goes very slow.. hope you can understand what I am saying I know I said it very confusing.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:39 PM
hpibasher2

so whats the trick... your said there is a trick to it, and is there a diff solution. I have 2 GPM diffs in the mail only to find out that they are not much better then stock, but i ordered the DP delrin pinion so mabye the delrin pinion and the GPM diff will kinda hold up. I want a Quark though mamba does do it for me cogging=[:@]
Old 01-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Racing T

the trick is that when youre setting the full throttle put the throttle/brake exponetial in the transmitter at its maximum rate.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:31 PM
hpibasher2

im not understanding you racing t, can you explain, and could this be the reason im going through hell setting up the xps speed controller in my mini t with a mlst tx?
Old 01-06-2007, 08:57 PM
HangGlide

the trick is that when youre setting the full throttle put the throttle/brake exponetial in the transmitter at its maximum rate.
Are you referring to the throttle trim knob? If I am understanding correctly, during the setup process, at some point, you need to turn the throttle trim to full forward. Do you do this before you start the setup (throttle trim is on full throughout the process), or just when you are entering the throttle full forward position? Does this mean that the throttle trim no longer works with the Quark?
Old 01-06-2007, 09:55 PM
speed King

my mlst wont steer either direction. it stoped turning in the rain i think the water got to the servo got any ideas.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Dokioto

did you waterproof it be for you ran it?
Old 01-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Dokioto

Any way the stock servos are junk, IMO. They would of died on you evenchaly...
Old 01-06-2007, 11:07 PM
-Inverted-

Speed king,

Check your connections. It could just be a faulty Y cable. How was the battery power when they stopped working, enough to move the truck? I ran my truck in the rain and was problem free myself, but mini's aren't puddle jumpers by any means.

Hopefully you get it fixed.

Also, you could have coincidentily (sp) stripped the gears while in the rain. May wanna pop open the cases and check.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:33 AM
hpibasher2

ummmm...?
Old 01-08-2007, 01:07 AM
Racing T

ORIGINAL: HangGlide

Are you referring to the throttle trim knob? If I am understanding correctly, during the setup process, at some point, you need to turn the throttle trim to full forward. Do you do this before you start the setup (throttle trim is on full throughout the process), or just when you are entering the throttle full forward position? Does this mean that the throttle trim no longer works with the Quark?

exactly just when youre setting the full throttle setting.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:30 AM
hpibasher2

so does this mean i should go with the mamba or tekin instead? if so then which? i just dont want to buy a new radio right now. would i be better off getting the quark and throwing one of my cheapo AM systems in there?
Old 01-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Jrgunn5150

All the esc's you listed have their fan's. If I was you, and you are set on the Quark, then get it and try it with the stock radio, then switch the radio out if you have too.

My Mamba glitched with the stock radio, but other people's don't, so you never know until you try unfortunately.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:29 PM
speed King

i already got my new one in the truck its the stock one they suck but they work OK for now