Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

What is the deal with Vendetta diffs

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 01:45 AM
4 stroken ron
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the deal with Vendetta diffs

I just bought a Vendetta. I am confused about the diffs. The ads on the Duratrax site says it has gear diffs and on the parts breakdown sheet it shows gear diffs. In the parts list on Towers site it shows both gear diffs AND ball diffs. I have also read some posts here about ball diffs in Vendettas. What does it actually come with?
Thanks
Ron
Old 01-01-2007, 02:20 AM
KRO

Default RE: What is the deal with Vendetta diffs

It comes with gear diffs , BUT you can buy ball diffs for it for mre tuneablity .
Old 01-01-2007, 02:22 AM
4 stroken ron

OK, I see. Are the balls diffs more durable?
Thanks
Ron
Old 01-01-2007, 11:32 AM
jaejw1

yes they are more durable... if you are going to use a brushless motor,, but if you stick with stock,, i only recommend getting the steel duratrax cvd's
Old 01-01-2007, 07:04 PM
CooHead

My Vendetta has been flawless since day one.
Stock is the gear diffs. Ball diffs will cost ya a bunch. I have ball diffs on my MQ SE.
The Detta has not stripped a gear and I have put MANY hours through it. Maybe to tune, but it's a pain to adjust the ball diffs on the MQ, so don't know how often you are going to bother "tuning".
Besides, the Detta just drifts into and out of any corner anyhow. I've played with shock mount position a bit. And stiffners in the springs. And oil in the shocks. Runs great all the time, any set up.
Now have the VR3 in it.
Run 2S2000 packs so Vs stay hi and even and long duration.
Have broken about $20-30 worth of stock drive shafts, steerning knuckles and a-arms and shock mounts. ALL have been replaced for free via StressTech gurantee. Break one part and send it in, they send you a bag of four of those parts back. I have a stockpile of shock mount, drive shafts, knucles and a-arms now

Can ya tell I like it?

C
Old 01-02-2007, 11:32 AM
jaejw1

ORIGINAL: CooHead

My Vendetta has been flawless since day one.
Stock is the gear diffs. Ball diffs will cost ya a bunch. I have ball diffs on my MQ SE.
The Detta has not stripped a gear and I have put MANY hours through it. Maybe to tune, but it's a pain to adjust the ball diffs on the MQ, so don't know how often you are going to bother "tuning".
Besides, the Detta just drifts into and out of any corner anyhow. I've played with shock mount position a bit. And stiffners in the springs. And oil in the shocks. Runs great all the time, any set up.
Now have the VR3 in it.
Run 2S2000 packs so Vs stay hi and even and long duration.
Have broken about $20-30 worth of stock drive shafts, steerning knuckles and a-arms and shock mounts. ALL have been replaced for free via StressTech gurantee. Break one part and send it in, they send you a bag of four of those parts back. I have a stockpile of shock mount, drive shafts, knucles and a-arms now

Can ya tell I like it?

C
wait till you put a brushless motor in there.. they aill strip so fast... and the time you spend changing the lil blue gear.. you will wish you had ball diffs.. and they arent that hard to tune
Old 01-02-2007, 08:14 PM
4 stroken ron

Thanks for all the tips guys I will sticking with a stock motor for now.
Hey jaejw1 I just joined YourMicro.com Didn't I see you their? That is a good site too.
ROn
Old 01-03-2007, 03:10 AM
jaejw1

ORIGINAL: 4 stroken ron

Thanks for all the tips guys I will sticking with a stock motor for now.
Hey jaejw1 I just joined YourMicro.com Didn't I see you their? That is a good site too.
ROn
im always there.. but it seems im the only active member with a detta.. or atleast that ever shares anything about them,,
Old 01-03-2007, 10:09 AM
CooHead

The stock motor is fast enough...the VR3 never gets pegged WOT and is more speed than needed. I can't imagine where or why I'd bother with the expense of a brushless in these little 1/18th scale RC cars (I have the VR3 powered MQ SE too). Unless your thing is to rip WOT from one end of the parking lot to the other (boring) I can't justify the cost of BL in these. Now 1/2th or 1/10th scale, maybe. My E R/C planes? they are all brushless, but these little indoor 1/18th? No needd IMHO.

These RC car forems don't seem to have near the traffic we have on RC Groups and E R/C planes. Everyday there are dozens ofr posts in threads that I am subscribed to. Build threads, questions and answeres, ideas, input from others that have the same plane...everyday.

The car forems in RC Groups is totally dead, but the planes is very active. I come here for a bit more activety on RC cars, but still pretty limited communication compared to the plane forems. There sure are a lot of posts like: "How fast is it with stock motor?"

You know my opinion (read above) about how much I care about how fast an RC car is going back and forth and WOT.

Back to a Vendetta point of interest. I can run circles around my MQ SE with my Vedetta. Fastest lap times are alwasy the Detta. Most laps with out a crash or having to go reverse are alwasy the Vendetta. Longer times before replacing broken part is always the Vendetta. Longer, farther jumps, always the Detta. I can't imagine why more people don't have this RTR and rave about it?
My neighbor got the Losi 1/18th VW buggy (2WD). In first couple batt packs he (or his kid) already broke some diff gear parts. Maybe I should read a thread or two about that car for him and see what is said about it.