Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Where i can get this part?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 10:38 PM
etphnhmz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where i can get this part?

i was wondering if there were any aluminum upper arms for the mini quake i got it fixed today and four have broken off and im tired of replacing it please send a link to where u found it thx.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Mr. Mugen

Default RE: Where i can get this part?

ebay
Old 01-01-2007, 11:14 PM
etphnhmz

thx i found it but its sort of pricey four of them for 34.00 counting shipping in the price.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:29 AM
abjones413

Not sure if anyone told you, but aluminum is only recommended for shelf queens, or experienced drivers. Newbies and bashers will just be watsting A LOT of money on aluminum seeing it BENDS, which makes it useless because you can't bend it back. Also, other components could break because the stock plastic arms absorb impact and shock, unlike aluminum which puts that shock on the other plastic components they're connected to. Stock plastic is more forgiving in crashes and is very inexpensive. I have no idea what on Earth you were doing to your new truck that could have broken 4 arms in one day. All I can think of is that you were bashing outside and it was VERY cold, making the usually flexible plastic brittle. Cold does that. Perhaps you should take things a little slower until you get the feel for the new ride?
Old 01-02-2007, 12:47 AM
Seek and Destroy

I liked the alloy on my 18t. Made it look shiny!! I never had any of it bend, but all I had for alloy was the center shaft and rear arms.[&:] Ab, you can bend aluminum back, it just makes it weaker each time.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:03 AM
Racing T

the alum is very usefull if it placed in the rigth spots, for example I have a alum rear arm mount on my rc18t and that stop the problems I had with the stock plastic part coming off
Old 01-02-2007, 01:10 AM
Seek and Destroy

What brand is it? I always snapped mine.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:39 AM
Racing T

its a golden horizon one
Old 01-02-2007, 02:52 AM
Irlsh
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: abjones413

Not sure if anyone told you, but aluminum is only recommended for shelf queens, or experienced drivers. Newbies and bashers will just be watsting A LOT of money on aluminum seeing it BENDS, which makes it useless because you can't bend it back. Also, other components could break because the stock plastic arms absorb impact and shock, unlike aluminum which puts that shock on the other plastic components they're connected to. Stock plastic is more forgiving in crashes and is very inexpensive. I have no idea what on Earth you were doing to your new truck that could have broken 4 arms in one day. All I can think of is that you were bashing outside and it was VERY cold, making the usually flexible plastic brittle. Cold does that. Perhaps you should take things a little slower until you get the feel for the new ride?

NOT true.. even the parts associated with the alloy have stresss points for instance,. upper arms with turnbuckles comming out with ball ends most likely u will bend or break the turnbucke or the ball end. i have not seen anyone in the smaller class with alloy severly bend any alloy parts. specially the NON stress parts like upper plates. steering linkage etc.. sometimes the plastic is good like in bulkheads so you do give it leway but these cars are alot lighter then 1/8 scales so the light force isnt doing that serious of damage lol i do believe those a car cannot be one hundred % alloy