Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Gearing for vendetta on VR3 motor

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 10:29 PM
hemiblas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gearing for vendetta on VR3 motor

Seems like the motor has 3 positions for gearing. a 13 tooth the 16 tooth and possibly the 19 tooth options. I put in the VR3 but kept the gearing the same at 16T. Am I supposed to gear it down to 13? Its already got a "high rpm motor" in it? Seems like its a little sluggish to start but I'm not sure if it was because the battery was run down. I'm charging the battery now to test but would like to know everyones experience with gearing. thanks for the advice.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:41 PM
darindotson

Default RE: Gearing for vendetta on VR3 motor

I played with all three gears myself too. Although I'm running brushless, I found the 19T pinion to give the best balance of smoothness of acceleration, great midrange, and insane top speed. Note that you should use the little blue spacer that has two holes in it for the 19T- it will fit with the 3 hole spacer, but I believe the mesh is not quite as good as with the two hole job.

I'm not sure what would be best for your VR3, but these things are so easy to change out, just give it a try!!!

Good luck
Old 01-04-2007, 12:54 AM
hemiblas

Cool thanks for the help. ONce I charged up the battery it ran pretty good with the 16 tooth gear. On my brushless setup I'm running a 13t pinion and it just jumps off the ground its got so much torque. I'm going to try the 19t pinion on my air power 4700. Thanks again.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:51 AM
darindotson

You bet- anytime!

Question- are you running ball diffs or gear diffs?? I have ball diffs front and rear- and when I use 8 cells, it seems I'm having a lot of "slipping", which is not good.

Thanks!

D.