Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Cant Figure Out

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 08:02 PM
hpibasher2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant Figure Out

Does anyone know how to program the XPS Speed Controller, its the stock one in the RC18 family. Someone gave me one and im putting it in my mini t
Old 01-05-2007, 11:00 PM
clockwork1

Default RE: Cant Figure Out

Um you should have gotten a little plastic stick that came with the car to program. You get the stick, put it in the hole and press the button inside.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:22 AM
abjones413

ORIGINAL: clockwork1

Um you should have gotten a little plastic stick that came with the car to program. You get the stick, put it in the hole and press the button inside.
clockwork1 - Someone gave it to him and he's putting it in his Mini-T...

hpibasher2 - I'll need to check my manual when I get home in the morning, but if I remember correctly, you press and release the set button with your finger OFF the trigger, then press and release while pulling the trigger (full throttle), next press and release while pushing forward (full brake/reverse).

I'm sure someone will confirm or correct by the time I look into it. Good luck...
Old 01-06-2007, 01:17 AM
clockwork1

Oh sorry. I didnt see that.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:20 PM
fastmax

You press and hold the ESC button for about 3 seconds. With the throttle trigger in the neutral position you press it again. Then you pull the trigger to full throttle and hold it while pressing the button again, and do the same for reverse.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:31 PM
abjones413

right on fastmax. That's it.

Also, make sure the radio and esc are both on and the throttle trim is set at neutral and if you make a mistake it says to disconnect the battery for about 10 seconds. I don't know why you couldn't just re-program it, but that's what the manual says.

In addition to what fastmax said, there are lights to pay attention to. When you initially hold the set button for 3+ seconds, the LED will flash red/green to confirm setup mode. Then after you press to set neutral it will turn green. Then after you pull the trigger and press it to set full throttle it will turn red. Finally, after you push the trigger and press it to set full brake the LED flashes red/green 3 times simultaneously.