Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Review in Progress: Losi Micro-T

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Misbehavin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review in Progress: Losi Micro-T

Team Losi turned the world upside down with the release of the Mini-T a few years ago, but they weren;t content to sit around and rest. Instead, they ran it through the shrink ray one more time, producing the Micro-T!

The Micro-T is faithful in design to it's namesakes, while providing a platform that's not much bigger than a Matchbox car! Despite it's small size, it packs a pretty powerfull punch, especially for indoors.

Here's a couple of teaser shots I've taken while working on the upcoming review article.

Feel free to ask questions or discuss the Micro-T, and I'll post a link in the thread once the review is finished and live on the RCU server.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:49 AM
-Inverted-

Default RE: Review in Progress: Losi Micro-T

Jeeze Misbehavin, where do I have to sign up to get your job.

Rascal, Havoc, and Micro-t in the last few weeks!
Old 01-07-2007, 01:09 PM
ssj2

And the Muggy. [X(]
Old 01-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Mattdg67

This is awsome.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Misbehavin

It's not all fame, fortune, and glamour! After the track work is over there's still plenty of late nights with oodles of writing and multimedia work. Of course the thousands of female fans swooning over my every move make it all worthwhile. So Brad Pitt, eat your heart out. Angelina is only hooked up with you because I permit it!
Old 01-07-2007, 02:15 PM
makg

lol
Old 01-07-2007, 03:19 PM
ssj2

Amen.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:22 PM
-Inverted-

After the track work is over there's still plenty of late nights with oodles of writing and multimedia work.
I'll take those late nights for free cars.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Mattdg67

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

After the track work is over there's still plenty of late nights with oodles of writing and multimedia work.
I'll take those late nights for free cars.

Wont we all.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Mattdg67

Any update.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Misbehavin

ORIGINAL: Mattdg67

Any update.
Any update? In less than 12 hours? You must think things move faster than they actually do, LOL!
Old 01-07-2007, 09:21 PM
-Inverted-

ORIGINAL: Misbehavin

ORIGINAL: Mattdg67

Any update.
Any update? In less than 12 hours? You must think things move faster than they actually do, LOL!
Geeze, with all this overwhelming work feel free to send me a few of these to take the work load off your back.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:40 PM
Mattdg67

Well the day goes by slow to me and I do many things in that time.

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

Geeze, with all this overwhelming work feel free to send me a few of these to take the work off your back.
LOL
Old 01-08-2007, 06:22 AM
C00LR

So far, I like the one I picked up today. I hadn't heard of the micro T yet. I just ran across it at my local hobby store and on an impulse buy I picked me one up. I wasn't too wild about the green body but its startin to grow on me. I've been looking at E-BAy for upgrades but I bet its a little early for that yet. I did throw a bid for a 160 mah battery since the factory one is 150. I took it to the convience store where my ol' lady works and ran it around on the freshly waxed floors. TOO FUN!! but really hard to control. I also put down a bid on a set of wheel bearings fo rthe little monster. I hope they help it track a little straighter.
How long has these things been out already??
I guess I can tell ya that as far as durability goes, on a waxed floor clipping the front tire on a 12 pack of Pepsi didnt damage either the 12 pack nor the truck at all. It just spun it around. I didnt break the front tie rods like the guy at the store warned me about. According to him the tie rods are prone to breakage. Something I did notice is the range. I would figure with the antenna on the transmitter and the antenna on the truck itsself there would be more range to the whole deal but in the store it would act funny and work intermittently at about 20 feet. Yes my batteries are still good. I just got this thing today. BUT come to think of it... I did have it outside in the parking lot and went further than that and had no problems. Soooo...? Maybe there was some interference from the beef jerky aisle or the maybe concentration of 20 oz Mt Dews in the cooler causes a frequency fluctuation???? Or, maybe the infra red/radar/motion sensor door dinger thingy above the door affects the transmitter waves??? I don't know. Unfortunately one of my police officer buddies came in the store while I was in the middle of a recharge and then left before it was done. So no official police radar gun mph to report. I'm gonna have to start carrying my EMAXX and the Micro-T in my truck so when I run into him again I can get both of them radared.
well, I guess thats all for now.
Rob
Old 01-08-2007, 07:58 AM
sc0rch

hopefully mine will be in today sometime..my wife ordered it for me the saturday b4 xmas and it still isnt in...
Old 01-08-2007, 09:26 AM
Misbehavin

I guess I can tell ya that as far as durability goes, on a waxed floor clipping the front tire on a 12 pack of Pepsi didnt damage either the 12 pack nor the truck at all. It just spun it around. I didnt break the front tie rods like the guy at the store warned me about. According to him the tie rods are prone to breakage.
It's proven very tough to me as well. I really put it to the test by giving the radio to my three-year old and letting him run in in the game room. It smacked the pool table, desk, stereo, and about anything else you can think of...hard. Afer all, he only knows one speed! Nothing has broken, which has surprised me tremendously. The fun is over fairly quick though, as the battery runs down fast. However, it's a rocket and with it's size it's like watching a mouse run full tilt across the floor!

I would figure with the antenna on the transmitter and the antenna on the truck itsself there would be more range to the whole deal but in the store it would act funny and work intermittently at about 20 feet.
I imagine your situation introduced some radio interference. AM radios are very prone to this. I had it in the downstairs game room which is lit by flourescents. Flourescents can often wreck havoc with radio signals. I did see a shortened range with the radio's antenna at half mast, as I tried to shorten it for my three-year old. The problem went away when it was fully raised. It simply doesn't take much to throw off an AM signal though.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:28 AM
-Inverted-

I'm predicting a broken steering rod in your near future. [sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 01-08-2007, 01:02 PM
spikeitaudi

I found that the micro isn't that durable. I broke the rear suspention mount and both front steering arms. They are flimsy. The rear suspention mount I was suprised when I broke. The bad part is Losi has them on National backorder till 1/30. That's not to smart on Losi's part as I have heard alot of ppl breaking the rear suspention mounts.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:24 PM
C00LR

ORIGINAL: spikeitaudi

I found that the micro isn't that durable. I broke the rear suspention mount and both front steering arms. They are flimsy. The rear suspention mount I was suprised when I broke. The bad part is Losi has them on National backorder till 1/30. That's not to smart of Losi part as I have heard alot of ppl breaking the rear suspention mounts.

I think I just figured out how to quote another post!!
Is it the rear shock tower your referring to? Theres a couple on E-Bay.

Misbehavin said that florescent lights can wreak havoc on an AM radio. I had no idea that they would. But it makes sense because the lights at the store are florescents and I believe I was standing directly underneath the line of lights when i had the problems.
Rob
Old 01-08-2007, 04:32 PM
spikeitaudi

ORIGINAL: C00LR

I think I just figured out how to quote another post!!
Is it the rear shock tower your referring to? Theres a couple on E-Bay.

Misbehavin said that florescent lights can wreak havoc on an AM radio. I had no idea that they would. But it makes sense because the lights at the store are florescents and I believe I was standing directly underneath the line of lights when i had the problems.
Rob
I am getting aluminum rear suspention mount and also rear aluminum bearing holders.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:58 PM
rc monkey

Whens the Rascal review being posted?
Old 01-08-2007, 05:18 PM
the_skdster

Can't find any at any LFS.
Think eBay is the only option left for me.
*wants a red one*

Gonna grab me an extra batt and thougher steering links.
There are no real aftermarket parts available as of yet, yes?
Old 01-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Kokopelli06

So Brad Pitt, eat your heart out. Angelina is only hooked up with you because I permit it!
Lol
Old 01-09-2007, 03:56 AM
C00LR

ORIGINAL: C00LR

Unfortunately one of my police officer buddies came in the store while I was in the middle of a recharge and then left before it was done. So no official police radar gun mph to report. I'm gonna have to start carrying my EMAXX and the Micro-T in my truck so when I run into him again I can get both of them radared.
As luck would have it, one of the local police officers came in to the store (my hangout, I have no life) and I got him to run the radar on my Micro. Guess what!!??!!??? Apparently its too small to register on a police car radar!!! I had the truck on the ground and headed away from the police car. He got no reading on his radar. LOL!!
Now I just need to catch him again and hit the EMAXX to see where Im at.
Rob
Old 01-09-2007, 08:44 AM
Misbehavin

ORIGINAL: rc monkey

Whens the Rascal review being posted?
Patience. It'll be up as soon as the update scheduling permits. Trying to hijack a thread dedicated to another vehicle won't help your cause.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.