Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

rc18b speed control

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 03:40 AM
muddymoose92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc18b speed control

Heres the deal, all stock except for a DTX1400 batter pack, topped of my batter today for a simple run, just got the rc18b about a week ago brand new out of box, been running fine until today, 5 minutes in the run, coming down the hall way in the house at wot, the rc18b just came to a quick stop and smoke rolled out of the esc... now should team associated replace send me a new one through mail, or should I just upgrade and save myself some trouble, not just a little smoke, a cloud of smoke, almost like it was a smoke bomb or something, what are some rc18b esc upgrades under $100 thats better than the xps esc from associated.

thanks
Moose
Old 01-10-2007, 08:44 AM
fastmax

Default RE: rc18b speed control

Novak XRS, or Spy. They are both great for well under $100, Futaba MC230 and MC330 are also both great for well under that price. All of them mentioned except for the Spy are 1/10 ESCs and should provide a long trouble free life, with no motor limit in an 1/18. Even though they are for 1/10 vehicles they still have small footprints so they will fit your buggy no problem. As far as the XPS goes I would send it to AE for replacement or repair, and when you do finally get it back you will have a spare.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:53 AM
junebug48
My Feedback: (138)

Default RE: rc18b speed control

[8D]hi . the novak spy micro is a grate brush esc here,s a link .

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCNR7&P=ML

thank,s .