Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Wanna go Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 12:56 PM
the_skdster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanna go Brushless

Alright. Finally getting back into mini.
Have had my mini-lst for over a year now but havn't done much because of the work.
Right now it is COMPLETELY stock.
I'm looking to upgrade everything including upping to a brushless system.
Looking to getting a center spool for sure.
I want to go brushless first before anything else so upgrades nessaccery for going brushless is priority.
So, start posting! Please include brand name and model # if possible.

As for the Brushless system, I've been looking at the QUARK 33 AMP BRUSHLESS ESC.
Is this good? Anything better out there?
Also, what motor options do I have here?
Old 01-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Racing T

Default RE: Wanna go Brushless

well the first up-grade you should look for if you will be runnig a spool is the viscous metal diff convertion from losi, or you will be blowing stock diffs every run.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:46 PM
zach brenner

ya get the metal diffs. what bl system are you getting? with a High kv rating you will want the graphite lower chassis plate and aluminum arms. with low kv just get a wheely bar.
you might want a lipo battery to get fll power out of your system

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNDE2&P=7]wheely bar[/link]
Old 01-11-2007, 04:48 PM
zach brenner

and for an esc and motor combo the mamba 25 and mamba motor combo is good. the quark 33 is good but has trouble with the stock reciver
Old 01-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Racing T

ORIGINAL: zach brenner

ya get the metal diffs. what bl system are you getting? with a High kv rating you will want the graphite lower chassis plate and aluminum arms. with low kv just get a wheely bar.
you might want a lipo battery to get fll power out of your system

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNDE2&P=7]wheely bar[/link]

mm why he would want the graphite lower chassis plates and alum arms for a hi kv motor? it dosent have do one thing with the other,

for me the best combo for the mini lst is the quark 33-pro car with the wraith on a 2s li-po, but thats just me. The problem with the quark is that the stock radio dosent work well with the quark, but you can also get a mamba 25A instead.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:40 PM
zach brenner

mm why he would want the graphite lower chassis plates and alum arms for a hi kv motor? it dosent have do one thing with the other,
at high speeds the chassis starts to flex, so a little graphite might help and the aluminum will hold up better to fast crashes
with low kv, it doesn't go to fast. plus the high torque will send it to wheely heaven
Old 01-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Racing T

in that case should be the upper chassis. and the alum bends so if he gets alum arms he would end bending them or making damage to another part of the truck, and all depends on the battery and gearing even a hi kv can send the front wheels into the air.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:17 PM
jimi hendrix

ya true Racing T, ill be getting a mamba 5400Kv, the viscous diffs and an integy ball diff for the center soo ill let you guys know how that works out and btw i glued my stock center diff solid and the stock mini lst would pull catwalks if you could react fast enough to keep it there, you needed to back up about 2 ft then pin it, i could also do stoppies, but you could hear the gears slipping[&o]