Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

RC18MT

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 09:17 AM
C130Wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC18MT

I just bought an RC18MT and am learning to drive it before modifying it too much. After I get use to driving it I'd like to get into racing. What kinds of hop-ups should I look for to be competitive? I'm not looking to go full modified (yet!), I just want to have a truck that can compete. Is the stock radio good enough to race with? How big of a motor can I use before I'm considered modified? I would consider myself a beginner and any advice I could get would help.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Seek and Destroy

Default RE: RC18MT

Welcome to rcu!!

Well for a good racing setup, I would go with a mamba 6800, 6 cell ib or gold peak bat. Hs-65mg servo, and a synthesized or 2.4ghz radio if possible. Then I would go here www.fullforcerc.com and order almost every part that they have for your truck, then get cvds, mip super diffs, and an aluminum chassis. I would also get the dp parts, a good steel hex head screw kit, and lunsford turnbuckles. That should be a good set-up for racing, maybe a little heavy though.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:05 PM
DS

I got a rc 18mt about 2 weeks ago awsome huh. Any way my hobby shop said their good enough stock
Old 01-16-2007, 07:07 PM
DS

Or upgrade
Old 01-17-2007, 12:02 AM
fga
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: C130Wizard

I just bought an RC18MT and am learning to drive it before modifying it too much. After I get use to driving it I'd like to get into racing. What kinds of hop-ups should I look for to be competitive? I'm not looking to go full modified (yet!), I just want to have a truck that can compete. Is the stock radio good enough to race with? How big of a motor can I use before I'm considered modified? I would consider myself a beginner and any advice I could get would help.
I would check with the rules and size of your track. Here you have to have a stock motor. And high speeds are useless on a small track.. more about short speeds and handling.
I'm going to be leaving my stock motors in my trucks. Just adjust gearing and make it as light as possible.