Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

***Easy question on micro gear***

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 09:10 PM
Rs43EVOman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***Easy question on micro gear***

Ok, well im interested in getting a Xray M18 (not the new pro version) for racing. I'm gonna get the mamba Comp package, so ive got my ESC, and motor picked out. I need suggestions on a good steering servo, and battery. I dont wanna go li-po.
and secondly i know little about 1/18ths so will a regular size reciever work??
Old 01-16-2007, 06:46 AM
Rs43EVOman

Default RE: ***Easy question on micro gear***

anyone? I know a bunch of guys have the Xray M18, all i need to know is a good choice for a servo (i want somthing strong, so maybe even MG), and a battery pack (dont want li-po, or li-ion)

And secondly i need to know whether regular sized recievers will work in the M18
Old 01-16-2007, 06:57 AM
Mini_Me

Regular size receivers have a large array of sizes. Its hard to say, but probably yes.

If your going to run the regular battery, and want a good fit, get a 5cell 2/3 A pack. Like a side by side one made with 1400 Intellect, or 1500 Elite cells. See what cell count your friends are going to get. If 6 cell, then get a shotgun Intellect 1400 (Elites too long).

No, you cant nor want to use a full size servo in it. If you getting a combo radio package from your local hobby shop, sometimes they will credit out servos if you don't need them. If you get a newer kit, they come with a servo saver. If you get an older, purchase the servo saver for it. You can get away with a plastic gear servo if you have a servo saver on. If your on a tight budget. The Multiplex Tiny S. If your sticking for MG, then the Hitec 85MG. For the top of the line digital one, the Multiplex Polo Digi 4.

EDIT: If you run that brushless on more cells, get ball diffs to help your drive train hold up.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:00 AM
supafastsupra2

for the batteries, you can have them custom made @ www.cheapbatterypacks.com . If you're sticking w/ the stock chassis contrary to what i suggested to you prior, then order a shotgun AKA stick pack of 6cells w/ either GP or Intellect cells. Hope to see oyu come out to race w/ us soon