Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL VENDETTA THREAD!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 01:29 AM
jaejw1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL VENDETTA THREAD!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: integLSdriver

ok jae what do u think about this combo? the wraith 7k and a quark esc?
do a search for my brushless motor review,,,,,, I didnt care for the motor

btw,,, the ammo 5100 what size pinion did you use , also what tires are you using
Old 05-19-2007, 01:51 AM
cwoodyfly2001
My Feedback: (7)

Well I thought I put that in there, 19 tooth..
Old 05-19-2007, 02:51 AM
jaejw1

you forgot the tires..lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10470.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	687181  
Old 05-20-2007, 07:27 PM
jamesmtracy

Hey Jaejw1 - Silent Bob said you may be able to help me.

I'm looking to adjust the timing of a VR3 motor in my Mini Quake. I see where the next notch is, but how can I turn the can without bending everything? It goes just as fast in reverse as it does forward, is that normal? I can do some awesome cookies in reverse lol.

Also any recommendations on a new battery without going lipo? I have the dtx 1200 which is better than the stock, but would like longer run times. I haven't seen anything better at any hobby shop, or online.

Thanks!
Old 05-20-2007, 07:37 PM
Silentbob343

ORIGINAL: jamesmtracy

Hey Jaejw1 - Silent Bob said you may be able to help me.

I'm looking to adjust the timing of a VR3 motor in my Mini Quake. I see where the next notch is, but how can I turn the can without bending everything? It goes just as fast in reverse as it does forward, is that normal? I can do some awesome cookies in reverse lol.

Also any recommendations on a new battery without going lipo? I have the dtx 1200 which is better than the stock, but would like longer run times. I haven't seen anything better at any hobby shop, or online.

Thanks!
The reverse thing is normal, every electric I've run does it.

People really seem to like the DTX 1200 packs, my experience with one is that they are indeed a tad short on runtime. I had some IB1400 packs and really enjoyed them. The newest and longest lasting cells are the Elite 1500s.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:21 PM
jaejw1

take some needle nose pliers and put them in the small holes ontop of the endbell where the notches are.. and then with your hand turn the can... i forgot which way you turn it but give it a try and see how fast it turns..

once you find the right one.. make sure you re-gear it by using a smaller pinion
Old 05-21-2007, 06:37 AM
integLSdriver

hey jamesmtracy im using the integy 1400 pack it fits perfectly in the vendetta and u get a bit longer run time

jae when u advance the timing does it give u more top speed or better torque?
Old 05-21-2007, 11:19 AM
jaejw1

yes.. but it also gets hotter.. so watch your runtimes and the temps
Old 05-21-2007, 05:09 PM
integLSdriver

i see alot of people with small fans on there motor does that kill the battery faster? and is that good to have for the temp?
Old 05-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Frozen72

It will not make a big difference if you have a motor fan as far a battery life and runtime. I'm wondering how durable is the Buggy and the ST if there any problems how would I address them? I have a Mini-LST but I'm tired of the diffs so I'm making it a summer project.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:31 PM
jaejw1

ORIGINAL: Frozen072

It will not make a big difference if you have a motor fan as far a battery life and runtime. I'm wondering how durable is the Buggy and the ST if there any problems how would I address them? I have a Mini-LST but I'm tired of the diffs so I'm making it a summer project.
what problems are you talking about
Old 05-22-2007, 12:14 AM
SparkedFlyer

I have an ST and I have experienced 3 main issues (one is minor): 1plastic CVDs dont hold up well when constantly changing tires (dirt, road, etc.) 2Stock shocks seem to leak oil 3 Servo hold-down a must and should've been included.

While it's a minor gripe, I think the $13 servo hold down is a rip-off because you ABSOLUTELY HAVE to have it unless you run the car on a perfectly smooth surface with no jumps. This is supposed to be a dirt racer, so how could they only include tape to hold it down??? I went ahead and coughed up $13 for the servo hold down and if you get one you may as well because you will run out of double sided tape! [:@]

I've only snapped one plastic cvd with the GH4700/Quark, but i think it was because I kept changing wheels and the screwing/unscrewing wore out the cvd. They are fairly durable for being a plastic stress point and if you dont change wheels a lot they should hold up pretty well (crazy bl motors changes things). I've stopped swapping tires out unitl my steel ones come in. They have a metal thread that goes through the front knuckle and the wheel is secured with a metal nut. That will make changing tires faster and no stripping! The steel ones are certainly better, however, they are $68 for the set of 4 so that is a very costly upgrade (I paid $140 for the whole RTR package). I ordered the steel cvds but they are on backorder until June, as are the ball diffs and aluminum shocks (yeah, i went crazy). I thought about waiting for atomic cvds for the ST but i heard they were less quality, way cheaper but less quality. The way i see it, being cheap always ends up costing me more so i'll eat the cost of the duratrax ones first and if they break, I'll go to the Atomic ones at $15 or so a pair.

I notice that after a hard run the springs are a bit oily and dirt gobs up on the springs because of oil leakage. I called Duratrax and they said that it's normal for to ahve to refill the shocks periodically (every 10 runs or so), which is about right but that kind of sucks. i ordered the aluminum shocks because i heard those dont leak.

Other than those couple of weak points, it is very durable. The gear diffs have held up very well and there is no slipping so far and I have put some abuse on this thing with the GH4700 brushless (geared at 13/45 and 16/45). The front arms and suspension look vulnerable but man they can take some abuse. I have crashed going pretty fast and all I've lost was a shock bushing locknut. I love driving the ST and am very satisfied with the quality - especially for the money. This thing flips, tumbles, smacks into curbs, and just keeps on ticking(ff course, the servo pops off every time)!! Duratrax customer service has also proved to be excellent. They sent me replacement parts without me even sending in the broken ones. Just call and be polite. I think next will be the AMMO motor 5100. I thought about the Permax but I dont want to eat up gears with all that insanity! Thanks for everyones help so far - I'm glad I went with the ST.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:17 AM
SparkedFlyer

BTW.....I forgot to mention that i ordered steel cvds for the ST but recieved the ones for the buggy. They are sending replacements but they are backordered until June. THe best part is they said to keep the incorrect ones so you know what that means..........yup.......they're on e-bay! My e-bay id is Prophit13. Starting bid at 25 bucks for the set of 4 (Duratrax not Atomic ones) with outdrives and all!!. Brand spankin'
Old 05-22-2007, 06:23 PM
LeoH

how do you remove, or disconnect the servo from the steering servo link? to lift up the servo, incase i have to apply more double sided tape. feels like i could break something if i pull on it?

i'm sure there's a better, easier way, that i'm not seeing...

Thanks.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:27 PM
jaejw1

ORIGINAL: LeoH

how do you remove, or disconnect the servo from the steering servo link? to lift up the servo, incase i have to apply more double sided tape. feels like i could break something if i pull on it?

Thanks.
hey leoh where in california are you.. ??? im looking for some good drivers to start in class at a local race track

forget the servo tape.. just get the servo hold down.. much better and last longer..
Old 05-22-2007, 07:07 PM
pbmax

ORIGINAL: LeoH

Thanks.
I typically twist ball links like that off with needle-nose. It tends to cause less damage than pulling does.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:35 PM
LeoH

thanks pbmax

and jaejw1, i'm in the bay area, few minutes north of SF.
and you said you're looking for some good drivers, which means i wouldn't qualify anyway haha

is this what most people use? or are they worth getting?
[link]http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=8407&cat_name=VENDETTA[/link]

and if i get this, do i need to get the lock nut set?

thanks.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:46 PM
pbmax

Hahaha, I can usually avoid the chainlink fences....usually...that make me good?
Old 05-23-2007, 11:51 PM
SparkedFlyer

When you replace the double sided tape you gently flip over teh servo and move it out of the way enough to put another piece there. Just make sure you clean the servo and chassis surface well with rubbing alchohol and it will hold better but it will eventually snap off and you WILL run out of tape and you WILL cough up the $13 for teh servo hold-down! At least it's graphite.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:37 AM
integLSdriver

i def like the hold down that i picked up for my st kinda like how it looks too haha
Old 05-24-2007, 07:34 AM
jaejw1

there are plenty hop ups for the detta,,, some have a place and provides a better overall function for the car,,, while pthers just look good and thats it,,,,,
Old 05-24-2007, 08:46 AM
pbmax

ORIGINAL: SparkedFlyer

When you replace the double sided tape you gently flip over teh servo and move it out of the way enough to put another piece there. Just make sure you clean the servo and chassis surface well with rubbing alchohol and it will hold better but it will eventually snap off and you WILL run out of tape and you WILL cough up the $13 for teh servo hold-down! At least it's graphite.
I used some 80grit sandpaper to rough up the chassis and the servo where the tape goes. Then I put on a double layer of that super-strong 3m gray foam tape and the servo didn't budge, not one bit. I had to pry it off with a screwdriver, in fact, when I wanted to change servos
Old 05-25-2007, 09:35 PM
SparkedFlyer

Sounds good. I am still waiting on my hold-down. I used strong velcro and it works ok. The servo moves alittle but not that much to make a huge difference. Of course, for racing it would be unacceptable. Does anyone have a good shock oil wight recommednation? I use 80 up front and 60 in teh rear. Is that good for street bashing (asphalt/concrete)?
Old 05-25-2007, 09:38 PM
jaejw1

well for racing... in the buggy i use 70wt in the front and 100wt in the rear...
Old 05-26-2007, 09:03 PM
LeoH

so.... i just got a 'Integy Intellect 6-Cell 7.2V 1400mAh Stick Pack', and had one question, do I have to do some trimming(of Vendetta, not the battery) to make it fit?

i know a few have said that it was a good fit... so what gives?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.