Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

VENDETTA videos

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 12:09 AM
jaejw1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VENDETTA videos

this should be a better quality video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiF3jdkFjLQ
Old 01-14-2009, 03:07 AM
jaejw1

here is another video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5KBkN2CfME

for those that cant see the detta.. it is the lil tiny pink car ,, you can see it at 4minutes 50seconds.. along with that 8th scale brushless buggy... and again running with that red/yellow 8th scale buggy
Old 01-16-2009, 11:55 AM
jaejw1

here is a video of me practicing days before my race...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9rqPBHP02s

and this is the race.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEzfrZrd6J0
Old 01-16-2009, 12:03 PM
DettaDude
Banned

You ain't got anything more recent?
I swear I've seen this same track, same race, same guys wrecking the same spot, a dozen times since September.....
Old 01-16-2009, 12:07 PM
jaejw1

i dont think i ever upl;oaded the first video.... the second one was just to show the race... but the first one.. i couldnt find it on my yourube or google page... so i thought i would post it.. and yes it is old..
Old 01-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Snipin_Willy

Those who race there must know that mini by now. Only truck clearing the triple repeatedly.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:58 PM
jaejw1

ORIGINAL: Snipin_Willy

Those who race there must know that mini by now. Only truck clearing the triple repeatedly.
yeah they do... they constantly try to get me to switch over to the 10th scale...
Old 01-16-2009, 01:00 PM
jaejw1

ORIGINAL: DettaDude

You ain't got anything more recent?
I swear I've seen this same track, same race, same guys wrecking the same spot, a dozen times since September.....
here is my most recent one.. posted above... but i will post again..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5KBkN2CfME

for those that cant see the detta.. it is the lil tiny pink car ,, you can see it at 4minutes 50seconds.. along with that 8th scale brushless buggy... and again running with that red/yellow 8th scale buggy
Old 01-16-2009, 01:01 PM
DettaDude
Banned

Against 2WDs, doesn't seem a fair fight.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:25 PM
jaejw1

Against 2WDs, doesn't seem a fair fight.
running a 18th scale on a track designed for a 10th scale isnt fair... not nearly as smooth as it looks.. every small deviation upsets suspension and can cause the vehicle to lose control.. but it is known that a typical 10th scale 2wd will get better times than your typical 18th scale driver.. way better times.. but if the 18th scaler is skilled and he knows how to take short cuts and find the fastest way around the track,,, he could atleast place within the top 4 or 5... i have never seen a 18th scale come in first place when skill levels (race class) are matched.. now if i raced in the beginners class.. yes i will smoke them as seen before in one of my videos.. that was an unfair race... but now that i race in intermediate class.. it gets a lil harder. my best placing has been 2nd.. i never placed 1st..
Old 01-16-2009, 01:30 PM
DettaDude
Banned

ORIGINAL: jaejw1
running a 18th scale on a track designed for a 10th scale isnt fair... not nearly as smooth as it looks.. every small deviation upsets suspension and can cause the vehicle to lose control.. but it is known that a typical 10th scale 2wd will get better times than your typical 18th scale driver.. way better times.. but if the 18th scaler is skilled and he knows how to take short cuts and find the fastest way around the track,,, he could atleast place within the top 4 or 5... i have never seen a 18th scale come in first place when skill levels (race class) are matched.. now if i raced in the beginners class.. yes i will smoke them as seen before in one of my videos.. that was an unfair race... but now that i race in intermediate class.. it gets a lil harder. my best placing has been 2nd.. i never placed 1st..
Somehow having the advantage of 4wd allowing oneself to make a triple that the 2WDs can't clear doesn't seem to qualify under the definition of "skilled" that's just raw power and the traction of 4wd.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:32 PM
jaejw1

Somehow having the advantage of 4wd allowing oneself to make a triple that the 2WDs can't clear doesn't seem to qualify under the definition of "skilled" that's just raw power and the traction of 4wd.
i guess it is... in that case.. even the 2wd arent skilled... what qualifies a person as being skilled... im just doing what they are doing...
Old 01-16-2009, 01:36 PM
jaejw1

ok i might have the advantage of 4wd.. but looking at speeds in comparison to size of vehicle... there is a drastic difference.. 25mph for a 10th scale is nothing on the track,,, but 25mph on the same track is something.. i have to make up time somewhere.. since i obviously cant bogart my way through them,,, i have stay away from them ...

no one complains about me racing in that class.. because they all know that running a 18th scale is not easy..
Old 01-16-2009, 01:45 PM
DettaDude
Banned

That doesn't make sense.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:51 PM
jaejw1

That doesn't make sense.
oh well.. bottom line.. i enjoy racing on 10th and 8th scale dirt offorad tracks,, and i enjoy racing against the 2wd trucks,, and if im placed in a faster class i wont mind,, just as long as im not getting in everyones way...

i enjoy what my lil car can do... and after seeing the 8th scale brushless buggies run.. i wouldnt mind being in a class with them,,,

i have fun doing what i do... no different than a onroad 18th scale racing amongst 10th scale on a 10th scale track,,

im not sure if you ever ran on a dirt track,, but if you have the opportunity to do so.. try getting on a 10th scale track with other 10th scale cars.... just for practice and see how well you do.. you might just have a blast..

Old 01-16-2009, 02:25 PM
DettaDude
Banned

Bottom line - I don't see why if you insist on running on 1/10th or 1/8th scale classes why you don't get a car or truck that fits within the parameters of those classes. That's what right-thinking people do, instead of making excuses on why they can't or won't. That way they'll be on equal ground, have a true test of skill, and won't have to make excuses to the contrary.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:35 PM
jaejw1

well i used to race 10th scale.. i have 10th scale cars.. 2- 2wd trucks,, 3- 4wd buggies ,, i prefer the drive of the vendetta.. when i first bought it i set aside all my 10th scale stuff and ran just the vendetta.. noting else.. i fell in love with it.. it was more of a challenge and since there are no 18th scale offroad tracks near me i run it on the 10th sale tracks.. and i love it..

i dont complain about racing with the 10th scale trucks... and they dont complain either.. and i dont insist on running in 10th or 8th scale classes... there just arent enough ppl here to get a 18th scale class started.. the last few times i have been at the track,, i was the only 18th scale vehicle there.. if the guys will show then if i have the free time i will race.. i have no problem doing so.. but 18th scale isnt as popular here as it is in other areas
Old 01-16-2009, 02:49 PM
DettaDude
Banned

well i used to race 10th scale.. i have 10th scale cars.. 2- 2wd trucks,, 3- 4wd buggies ,, i prefer the drive of the vendetta.. when i first bought it i set aside all my 10th scale stuff and ran just the vendetta.. noting else.. i fell in love with it.. it was more of a challenge and since there are no 18th scale offroad tracks near me i run it on the 10th sale tracks.. and i love it..

i dont complain about racing with the 10th scale trucks... and they dont complain either.. and i dont insist on running in 10th or 8th scale classes... there just arent enough ppl here to get a 18th scale class started.. the last few times i have been at the track,, i was the only 18th scale vehicle there.. if the guys will show then if i have the free time i will race.. i have no problem doing so.. but 18th scale isnt as popular here as it is in other areas
But that's the same thing literally everyone is up against at one time or another. You run what they're running, or you don't run. No sense beating your head against the wall, making excuses, or bucking the trend - you get with the program.
I have on-road and oval cars, but I don't take them to the off-road track and blast by everyone going down the straightaway only to wreck in the corner. I'd be a hinderance, and it's ain't right. Using the excuse that nobody is saying anything is just that, an excuse.
Fact remains that it ruins the whole spirit of same class/competitive racing.

Most places they say "3 cars make a class," since they don't have 18ths around you take one of the many 1/10ths you say you do own and get with the program.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:09 PM
jaejw1

i prefer to run what i like,, and just because its fast.. doesnt mean i go slamming into things.. i do care for my car... i am very polite when at the track and i dont go drag racing with others.. not unless we are practicing with each other..

everyone at the track is cool with me and have nothing against them... heck if i had a micro-t that could run on the track and not get in others way i would do it.. but i dont..

now i have seen what you are talking about... guy going ballistic down the straight and slamming into wall or tumbling into them,,, and then jumping so high without any control of the vehicle just to land upside down or lawndart into the dirt... i have seen that person and that person i am not.. do i clear every jump every time,, no... do i make the fast sweeper after the straight everytime ,, no.. but i try and that is where practice comes in at.. and that is why the bigger cars dont mind me being out there with them,, it isnt about just going fast.. its about going fast with control and trying to be consistent..
Old 01-16-2009, 03:42 PM
DettaDude
Banned

... i have seen that person and that person i am not..
That sure seems to be the mini car in your vids.
But I'm not going to change your mind, so I don't know why I'm bothering.

I just wonder - if they didn't allow your mini to race would you dig out one of your larger rigs, or was that just some talk?
As I said before - most reasonably thinking people would want to run against comperable equipment, if for no other reason than they could rightfully brag about their exploits, and that way they'd have something to compare against. While you seem insistant on doing what you like, and end up with race results that mean nothing because you're the only car in your class every week.
It's like playing poker for peanuts against yourself, you don't win because you only beat yourself!
Old 01-16-2009, 03:50 PM
jaejw1

its onlyclub racing,,,, bunchof guys havingfun.... I would never enter a big race with mymini and expectto run with the 10th scales

and openpractice is what it is.... OPEN PRACTICE..run what u brung
Old 01-16-2009, 04:07 PM
DettaDude
Banned

its onlyclub racing,,,, bunchof guys havingfun.... I would never enter a big race with mymini and expectto run with the 10th scales

and openpractice is what it is.... OPEN PRACTICE..run what u brung

So is it racing, club or not, or is is practice, open or not?

LOL

I mean I don't really care, but one way or another it seems you're making it something it ain't.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:22 PM
jaejw1

no im not makingit anything,,,, I started a thread to showvideos... anybody can post their video including you

I have videos of me in open PRACTICE
I have videos of me in races
I have videos of me outside

so if tonight I want to go race (wednesdays,Fridays,sundays )
they will put me in the intermediate class... the lasttime I raced was in the summer... so all I can do is practice..

if the track owner felt that I wasnt good enough to race intermediate then he would put me in the beginners class...

im not trying to ramanything downsomeone throat,,, I enjoy what I like and I post my videos to share... plain and simple
Old 01-16-2009, 04:36 PM
jaejw1

i guess he shouldnt be on the track either.. he just going fast.. with no skills involved.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LglkjTnMLFY
Old 01-16-2009, 04:53 PM
DettaDude
Banned

i guess he shouldnt be on the track either.. he just going fast.. with no skills involved.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LglkjTnMLFY
I kept waiting for him to go for something the cars he was running against didn't go for, kept waiting for the end over tumble, kept waitng for him to terribly overshoot a turn, or outrun everyone down the straight, or wreck at all............

........I guess he's just "skilled," or not driving crazy or using crazy power.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.