Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Need help soldering a battery

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 08:23 PM
blabit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help soldering a battery

Ordered a couple of 7 Cell IB packs, and they barely fit, so I decided to just take off the 7th cell and solder a bridge between the two ends.....but for some reason, the solder doesn't wanna stick. I am using rosin core 60/40 solder.....any tricks to this?

Old 04-11-2007, 08:43 PM
hands without shadows

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help soldering a battery

Since you have to ask Im guessing your soldering skill isnt high enough to solder cells to begin with.

If you really want to do it; try soldering onto the negative side of the cell because you will have less chanche of wrecking the nylon seal. To get the solder to stick sand the area you want to solder and apply some flux, then pretin with a hot (60-80watt) iron, wait for it to cool, tin your wire, and solder them together. Also Im confused about your bridge statement.......you want to unsolder one cell and then connect a wire to where you unsoldered from the main pack.

Edit: Hold the iron to the cell as short as possible btw......