Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

NEED HELP WITH CASTLE LINK!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 08:31 PM
birel19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP WITH CASTLE LINK!!

I just threw in a mamba esc for know in my rc18t and went to program it twith my castle link for the first time and nothing happens. I downloaded it, I just dont know what to do from there I use a batt? What are the directions or order of things i do? Do I open the program then plug it in or what? When I plug it in and open the program it doesnt read the mamba 25- wasup?[:'(]

Im starting to like the quarks beep and light lingo than this computer programming!!People say the quark is a PITA, but once you have the lingo down it is very easy....I hope it the same with the mamba 25!![8D]
Old 05-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Mattdg67

Default RE: NEED HELP WITH CASTLE LINK!!

did you download it without the anything connected? If so then good. Try to open the program then connect the Mamba 25 if that dosen't work then connect the Mamba 25 then open the program. If none of that works redownload the program after deleting it, It should work then.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:27 PM
pbmax

I assume you INSTALLED the castle link software, aside from just downloading it? Does your PC recognize the USB link cable when you plug it in? In the software, there are 2 squares in the lower left of the main window. One is for communicating with the link cable, the other is for communicating with the ESC. Is the square for the link cable green?

No, you don't need a battery connected, but you do need the microswitch set to on, I believe. But if your link cable isn't talking with the software, then you have more fundamental issues.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:05 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you did a little more looking on the Castle Creations website, you would have found the the directions for the Mamba Link http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...er%20Guide.pdf
Old 05-04-2007, 06:13 AM
birel19

Now they regognize each other but the progrsm stops responding on the page with the snake, Im gettin POed!!
Old 05-04-2007, 10:28 AM
pbmax

ORIGINAL: birel19

Now they regognize each other but the progrsm stops responding on the page with the snake, Im gettin POed!!
Hehe, getting upset at the program probably won't make it work. Can you try another computer? A friend's, perhaps? If it happens there too, it might be a problem with the ESC. Are there any hidden pop-up dialog boxes you may have missed?

I nearly lost my ESC to a bad firmware upgrade (I had the original mamba revision) when I first tried to update via the link software, but some messing around with it brought it back to life.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Conti027

Whats your computer specs?