Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

hi all...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 09:21 AM
shuura

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hi all...

I'm new to the forums, but have been a reader for quite a while. I mostly run a Revo 3.3, but wanted to try the electric side for those days when I can't run the Revo. My interests sway between the Vendetta ST and the Mini-LST2. I've just sold my T-REX 450S and wanted to pick one of them up, but I'm having a hard time deciding. What's the standard run-time for electrics? Can it be improved? Which would you choose and why?

I appreciate any responses!! thanx
Old 06-20-2007, 09:34 AM
-JOE-

Default RE: hi all...

sell the revo, get a savage, buy a vendetta and a micro-t
Old 06-20-2007, 09:57 AM
shuura

swap the Revo for the Savage... NEVER!! The Revo's too good for that.

why the Vendetta over the Mini-LST2?
Old 06-20-2007, 10:00 AM
pbmax

The Vendetta tends to be more durable from what I've heard. There are lots of diff and servo issues with the LST; no one quite knows what to expect from the LST2 yet. So until there are some long term reviews of the LST2, I'd stick with the vendetta. I have a vendetta buggy and it's great - my most reliable, durable, and stable mini (I have a mini-t, a rc18b, a KMI, a photon, and a vendetta).
Old 06-20-2007, 10:10 AM
shuura

thanx for the reply pbmax.

I was also looking at the Vendetta buggy. How does it stack up to the ST? From the videos I saw on youtube, the buggy looked larger. Is that true? What's the battery run-time (10 minutes +)?
Old 06-20-2007, 10:24 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Vendetta ST & buggy are the same size. If I was chosing between the Mini-LST2 and the Vendetta ST, I would take the Vendetta ST. The reason for that is there have been lots of problems with the diffs in the Mini-LST. The Vendetta will also hold up much better to bashing and it is also great on the track.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:31 AM
shuura

thanx t9dragon! I was leaning more toward the ST being that I have three rc mags with rave reviews and absolutely nothing on the Mini-LST2. Are there any other mini's I should consider? Associated? Also, how much run-time do you get per charge?
Old 06-20-2007, 10:35 AM
tk108

If you looking for a mini monster get the Quake. It has alot of the same setup as a vendetta. Great basher truck I have 2 of them.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:37 AM
-JOE-

is there any true aftermarket parts for the vendetta or mini-quake?(meaning like 3Racing, FullForce)
Old 06-20-2007, 11:02 AM
shuura

tk108, the Mini-Quake looks kool, but I love the stance of the ST. Anyone have any of the Kyosho mini buggies/truggies?
Old 06-20-2007, 11:18 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I have the Mini Inferno buggy and the Nitro Mini Inferno 09ST. What did you want to know?
Old 06-20-2007, 11:49 AM
shuura

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Yes, I have the Mini Inferno buggy and the Nitro Mini Inferno 09ST. What did you want to know?

how do they stack up to the ST?
Old 06-20-2007, 12:39 PM
carmatic1

actually, im vouching for the mini lst 2 ... what we have is still early, but so far the drivetrain issues dont seem to be as apparent anymore... instead people are tripping their escs due to excessive protection that losi put in place in response to the early mlst escs that kept burning out all the time, also there was also a report on a range issue with the new dsm system

i know it doesnt sound too good, but trust me when i say you'll enjoy mlst , because i have one too
i could probably be happier if i had a different truck instead, but the mlst isnt all that bad
Old 06-20-2007, 12:58 PM
shuura

thanx for the info carmatic1!

I guess what I'm really looking for is - on that dreary rainy Saturday, when the wife and kid/s (if you have them) are busy, and you're not being pulled in all directions, and your only choices for enjoyment are the tv, videogames, and your mini rc's. You decide to have some rc fun in the basement or living room. When looking over your mini rc collection, which one makes you smile the most? Which one do you always go for first, and gives you the least hassle? You never have to worry about breaking anything while jumping cardboard ramps or down some stairs. Which one sits on your nightstand more often than with the rest of the collection? Which one do you sneak into work, like we use to with those Casio game watches back in elementary school (man I'm old).

get what I'm asking?
Old 06-20-2007, 01:07 PM
carmatic1

well if your planning on running in the basement and sneaking it to work, minis are definitely the way to go but it really depends on how big your basement is and where you work... i dont have a basement and my mlst fits in my bag , and i can take it all over the place looking for a nice place to wheel it around

but if you work in an office or something, then may i suggest the micro t or a micro rs4? theyre so tiny you could run them on the table , but fast enough that you wouldnt mind breaking them out onto the floor

the mini lst is like, 200 bucks for the truck alone and the price of the truck all over again for the mods that you need to get it to work properly but for me, its been kind of worth it
Old 06-20-2007, 01:21 PM
shuura

fair enough! I don't mind dropping the money to make it all work, but I want something a little low maintenance. Revo hop-ups keep my wallet drained (so many options). I'll have to decide to either get the ST or two micro-t's.

thanx all for your input!
Old 06-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Frozen72

I vote for the Vendetta ST I've jumped mine over my head and it's only broke 2 axles and that was because I was going for a late front flip.