Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Micro-T run time?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 08:45 PM
Rather-B-Huntin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro-T run time?????

I brought my new Micro-T home about an hour ago. Got everything outta the box, charged up the battery, and got maybe 5 to 7 min. of run time before it was dead again!!
Is that the average normal run time for the stock battery?? If so, that sucks! If not, about how long should it go before needing a recharge?? My Mini-T will run strong for at least 13 to 15 min. on the stock battery before it starts to slow down, then it gives me an extra 3 to 4 min. before it won't go anymore (usually close to 20 min. of run time per charge).

Also, my Micro-T seems to hesitate just a bit when initially giving it throttle. Is that normal? I can hear the motor humming when I start to slowly give it some juice, but it takes about 1/8 pull on the throttle to get it moving (once it starts, it's like a flash!!). Is that the way they all are, or does mine need some adjusting??
Old 06-22-2007, 08:56 PM
Mz

Default RE: Micro-T run time?????

when i got my micro-t the transmission was binding like crazy...it got way better with time as it broke in. i don't know if this is your problem though. ball bearings help a lot with the runtimes. i got about ten minutes before i got the lipo that i have now... now i get like 25 minutes depending on how i drive. the hesitation could be the slipper clutch working or the transmission binding like mine was. i would have too see it in person to really figure out what is wrong.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Rather-B-Huntin

I tightened the slipper and it seems to have freed it up a bit.

I guess I'll run it for a bit and see if that helps the run time to increase any.

I've got a bid on eBay currently for a Li-Ion battery. Hopefully I'll win the auction and get some better run time!!
Old 06-22-2007, 09:24 PM
-JOE-

how did you adjust the spur. The idiots at losi don't even give you any tools.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:32 AM
Rather-B-Huntin

I used a 4" Cresent wrench to tighten the slipper nut. I tried using the 4-way wrench that came with my Mini-T, but it's too big.

You can also tighten it by hand. It'll turn with finger pressure.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Elmo6s
My Feedback: (1)

What kind of Lipo are you running? Losi?
Old 10-13-2007, 11:02 AM
GNX5T

I had a similar problem. When I first ran mine I noticed that the car made a whining sound like the motor was running but wasn't moving anywhere. I figured the motor was too close to the spur gear so I backed it off and has been great since. As for battery and run time. Losi li-po battery is great. Amazing run time. Can't remember how long it was but long enough to have some fun with it. That battery teamed up with the Atomic BB motor and the thing is really cool. Can't wait till the brushless system arrives.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:48 PM
jslj06

the stock battery is only 150 maH so run times will be short. The losi lipo is a great way to improve run time. on and BE CAREFUL ON EBAY!!! I bought a LI-ion battery from a guy named Chuouou or something like that and it was a total piece of sh*t!