Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Mini LST 2 Burshless help...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 08:51 PM
darren94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini LST 2 Burshless help...

well i got my mini lst2 last week. Within 5 packs, the spur gear had eaten itself all to pieces(replaced 2 times within the 5 packs). Plus, i was unhappy with the performance of the stock motors. So, i got a Mamba combo pack with the 25 amp esc, 6800 motor and i am having problems setting it up. I have it set to no pause in neutral for brake/reverse, 50% brake/reverse power, and i cant get it to the set up part to change the timing. Its on low, and i want it on race. Also, the car will just stop randomly and not respond to any of my inputs. Then it will take off a few seconds later. But, the packs are charged, in range and its not hot(it will also stick on full brake/full throttle for a few seconds sometimes.

any recomendation's for an easier way to set up?
Ideas on the cutting out issue?

thanks in advance!

also, i am disapointed with losi on the Mlst2. The spurr gear is out of round, as were the replacements. Both stering servos crapped out within the first week they offer no help when i called.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:10 PM
sloppyG

Default RE: Mini LST 2 Burshless help...

isn't that truck a little big for the mamba's?
Old 06-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Mr. Mugen

Yes it is. []
Old 06-23-2007, 10:08 PM
darren94

either way, on the lowest performance setting it is more than twice as fast as it was stock or with the "losi" insane upgraded motors. And with the right setup(lipo and programed correctly) the speeds are close to 60. So, its not a issue for me.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:08 PM
sloppyG

it'll be an issue when you burn it up
Old 06-23-2007, 11:42 PM
-JOE-

all in all your sayin losi didn't do good on the m-lst2, and even if losi helped it would take seriously 3 months or more to get the part. I had a problem with my esc. and they said they would send me a new one, here it is 3 or so months and still no esc. Even Traxxas which I am not a big fan of got me a carb body in 2 weeks!
Old 06-24-2007, 08:08 AM
Mr. Mugen

60? How? What lipo's? Have you seen what a mini looks like at 60? It took me a while to hit 60 with a car 1/2 the weight with that motor. I know this is not what you want to hear but you may burn up that motor rather quick in that truck. 4x4 + mamba=[]
Old 06-24-2007, 08:36 AM
ftt4maniac

I run a mamba with my 18b, a 4x4, works good, no overtheating problems, 7 cell, 8000 motor. I do wish novak or lrp would come out with a sensored system for minis would make life alot easier.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:43 AM
nitro _ burner

Well i was going to go and get a mlst2 when it comes out, but since hearing what youve got to say and from what others have said i dont think ill be getting one[]
I would rather get somthing faster, more nimble and can wheelie all day, and thats cheaper. The mini baja!!! ive found that the mlst looks too slow and a bit boring.and with all the brushless issues ive heard with the mlst it puts me off even further, ive seen vids of BL mini t/b's flying throught the streets @ 60mph and tearing it up in the dirt and sand.
So far the score is like mlst 0 mini b 10...........
Please post your opinions.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:03 AM
GravityJunkie

Hate to break it to you, but your 6800 isn't getting your truck to 60mph. I'm running a Wraith (much better and stronger motor for a mlst) with 3s lipo and it gets into the 40 range. Besides, unless you did some suspension mods, the mlst is fairly unstable at even 45mph. It's a monster truck with a higher COG.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:10 AM
darren94

You people need to learn how to read. THE TITLE SAYS HELP AND NOWHERE DID I SAY I WANTED MY TRUCK TO GO 60. I race on a 1/18th scale track o those speeds would be stupid. All i wanted was help with the mamba set up sequence and to figure this thing out.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:27 AM
lookyj

I've had the MLST2 for a few weeks, here's my experience as compared to the mini t.

the MLSt2 in the stock form is pretty slow and not much fun. After one pack on the stock NiMH, I swithced to a 2s LiPo and at least it had some speed (guessing 15-20). At these speeds the truck is very unstable and can not turn with out flipping. With that being said, the higher center of gravity and more clearance makes it a fun basher driving around the yard. with the 4WD I am able to drive through tall grass, something my mini t couldn't.

The best upgrade to the MLST2 is the 2.4 ghz DSM radio system. This is leaps and bounds over losi synthesized system that comes with the Mini Baja. Then again, I feel the stock Mini T radio system is better then the Baja (however being a one piece Receiver/ESC you can't upgrade to brushless with out changing to a new tx/rx).

All in all, for $230 it's a fun truck.... however, I'd rather pick up a Mini T Pro and go brushless!
Old 06-24-2007, 10:57 AM
Mr. Mugen

ORIGINAL: darren94

either way, on the lowest performance setting it is more than twice as fast as it was stock or with the "losi" insane upgraded motors. And with the right setup(lipo and programed correctly) the speeds are close to 60. So, its not a issue for me.
I believe this is where the "60" came into play.

ftt4maniac.....a 18t and a mlst are 2 totally different set ups. Yes they are both 4x4's but one is not a true truck imo. A 18 is a car and thats how I see it.

darren94....if you want to run this motor in your mlst you must find the smallest pinion available and the largest spur you can find. You will not like it so much when you need to replace your burned up motor. The CC instructions are plenty clear for setting up the esc. Follow them step by step and you should have no problems setting it up.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:00 PM
ae racer
My Feedback: (4)

Yes they are both 4x4's but one is not a true truck imo. A 18 is a car and thats how I see it.
no no no. the 18T is a 4wd stadium truck while the MLST is a 4wd monster truck. A car wouldnt have the potential to have as much ground clearance with the stock shocks.

...it had some speed (guessing 15-20). At these speeds the truck is very unstable and can not turn with out flipping.
As for the roll overs, im sure that he would spend time with setups considering he is going to race. If he wanted to keeep it from flipping, all he has to do is lower the truck as much as he can (for the center of gravity) and mess with the spring stiffness (or whatever it is called) and the weight of the shock oil.

As for the mamba... i wouldnt know what to do because i have a tekin 8.0 but i would have to say read the manual.

....if you want to run this motor in your mlst you must find the smallest pinion available and the largest spur you can find. You will not like it so much when you need to replace your burned up motor.
all you have to do is find the gear ratio that works for you and then just dont go crazy on the trottle and you shouldnt get the motor that hot. Also a motor heat sink (ones that clamp onto the motor) help a bunch.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:40 PM
Mr. Mugen

....if you want to run this motor in your mlst you must find the smallest pinion available and the largest spur you can find. You will not like it so much when you need to replace your burned up motor.
all you have to do is find the gear ratio that works for you and then just dont go crazy on the trottle and you shouldnt get the motor that hot. Also a motor heat sink (ones that clamp onto the motor) help a bunch.
[/quote]

I was making a starting point. Always start as low as possible....or at least I do and still have not wrecked a bl motor and I have about 100 of them now.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:46 PM
ftt4maniac

Mr. Mugen. I understand what you meant now, I read your post and had a brain fart. Sorry man.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:49 PM
Mr. Mugen

If you have a radio that allows you to set endpoint you can dial your forward back if needed. Also a castle link is a good investment for 20.00.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:23 PM
ae racer
My Feedback: (4)

ok that makes more sence Mr. Mugen, (sorry if it sounded like i was snapping at you, I didnt mean for it to come out that way) yah start with a pinion gear and work your way up in size from there if need be. but the heat sink does help a lot.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Mr. Mugen

Hey no problem man. I didn't take any offense. Just wanted to clarify what I meant. I reread it and saw it was unclear. BTW a heatsink is a motor's best friend for sure. Heat is the enemy of all electrical systems......except for elec. heaters