Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Should i buy a mini-t

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 08:36 AM
DS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should i buy a mini-t

HI guys i narrowed my decision to a mini-t because the mini-t is for dirt, the baja sand. Also it's only 100 dollars. Can you guys give me some more infoon it thanks.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:46 AM
nitro _ burner

Default RE: Should i buy a mini-t

ORIGINAL: derek_18mt

HI guys i narrowed my decision to a mini-t because the mini-t is for dirt, the baja sand. Also it's only 100 dollars. Can you guys give me some more infoon it thanks.
Actually the baja comes with two sets of tires so its not only for sand and it has alot of better components than the mini t, including a better radio, oil shocks, and BB all-round.
Ill probably be getting one soon and going BL.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:48 AM
Mopar Or Nocar

Yes it is good but the baja comes with dirt tires too. If you have the money get the baja. but if you dont have the money for i t get the mini-t
Old 06-26-2007, 12:41 PM
18mt_kid

Also the electronics on the baja (receiver and esc) are separate unlike the mini t....... so they are easier to purchase one or the other with out replacing both.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:45 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would just spend the extra money and get the Mini-Baja. Because in the long run you will end up buying the stuff to upgrade the Mini-T.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:23 PM
lookyj

I've purchased each of Team Losi's Mini T line...

Mini T, Mini Baja, and Mini T Pro.

each model has it's advantages and disadvantages, depending on budget and what type of driving you intend to do.

yes, the Baja does have a lot of the upgrades (bearings, shocks, seperate electronics). However, I found the stock electronics are junk. The synchronized system is full of interference. I ended up upgrading my Baja to BL with Mamba 25 and 8000. however, there is so much interference with the transmitter the car would take off with out touching the controls. I ended up changing out the TX/RX.

if you have the money, the best bet is the Mini T Pro, with Mamba 25 and BL motor. You'll also need to get a TX and RX.

If budget is a concern, then get the Mini T, upgrade to 7.4v LiPo, and you got a fun little car for around $125.

personally, I would stay away from the Mini Baja. For the same price you can get a Mini T Pro, however it is NOT "Ready To Run," and will have to spend some extra cash to get it running.