Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Orion Baja vs. Big Block

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 06:22 PM
DaveInLA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orion Baja vs. Big Block

Right now, I'm looking for an improvement over the stock 370 motor provided by Tamiya. The ones I've got my eyes on the Big Block and Baja, both by Orion. This will be for an ON-road car, and I want a good balance between torque, acceleration, and top speed. Here are my concerns:

The Big Block is listed at 0.97 inches instead of 0.95 like all the others. Will this be a problem when it comes to mounting?

The Baja doesn't come with motor connectors, and Tower doesn't have them. I'll be hooking whatever motor I choose to a stock Novak XRS, so I'll have to find spare bullets.

My other main concern is that it looks like both of these motors come with splined shafts-- that is, they're not flattened on one side like others I've seen. It's almost like the shaft itself is a gear. Where do I find pinion gears for these motors, and how can I be sure that it's compatible with the car I want? for example, the Orion pinions say that they're compatible with RS4, but the chassis I'm talking about is a GT-01.

Thanks!