Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

18t rear shocks all around?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 03:10 PM
twostep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18t rear shocks all around?

I left my 18t with a mamba 6800 on the shelf for over a year.... A week ago a blew off the dust and charged her up and im having a blast again. Bought a new 1400mah pack, rebuilt my diffs and now im working on my shocks. They suck. I have a mini t as well, so i used the losi shocks on it for a bit. Two of them are not holding oil too well, so i replaced them with the stock 18t shocks... Now i have stock 18t shocks on the rear, and rear losi shocks on the front. Is this a problem, or would it be considered a problem? Would it cause any problems other than rolling over easily?
Im thinking about just buying the FT threaded shocks and putting them on... but i want to buy all rear, so i have rear shocks all around... Is anyone else running this setup? do you like it? Is it recommended to install a rear shock tower on the front if i want to go this route? Im just using it for bashing and jumping while my revo cools off between tanks...
Any other advice on good shock setups? I heard (well read) about the 3racing shocks but thetoyz is out of stock and i cant find any on ebay.
Thanks
Old 06-28-2007, 03:54 PM
jaejw1

Default RE: 18t rear shocks all around?

why would you do this.. the rear shocks are taller.. and would limit travel to the front arms.. just stick with the front shocks.. or else you will run into all sorts of problems..

just my opinion
Old 06-28-2007, 04:09 PM
twostep

well, i figure i could get more ground clearance thus enabling me to take bigger jumps... Maybe i got the whole concept misunderstood?
Old 06-28-2007, 04:11 PM
jaejw1

use the shock position for that.. along with shock oil weight.. do you want to jumph higher farher.. or you would like to go up the jumps without the front diggingg into the face of the jump causing you to slow down..
Old 06-28-2007, 04:35 PM
twostep

Higher and farther.... i understand im not gonna achieve the jumps that my revo takes, but i still want it to be able to hop some speed bumps or jump off some small ramps and get some air and land nicely without bottoming out very easily. Im running 60wt oil right now and i have the trinity monster tires already.
So the stock front shocks will do me fine?
Old 06-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Frozen72

Yea if you are still bottoming our then you should get even thicker oil or try to do the mod that a lot of people do to there Vendetta ST's.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:00 PM
jaejw1

the most impressive shocks I have seen on a rc18 were the mini-t shocks,,, try those with a 1 hole shock piston and then try various shock oils,,,,,,

but the minister will bottom,, just do the math,,, do you think a 10th will not bottom if it jumped as high (relative to scale) as the mini........ it will
Old 06-29-2007, 07:31 AM
Mitchell91

i've seen an 18t with rear shock towers and shocks on the front, looked stupid and didnt do much...

i'd stick with the fronts
Old 06-29-2007, 02:28 PM
twostep

thanks for all the input. Ill change back to front shocks... are the associated aluminum threaded shocks a good choice?
Old 06-29-2007, 08:20 PM
Nmanuel01

I have this done and in grassy areas it runs better. It levels it out and is taller over all, the arms travel farther and lands softer, its not stupid if no one ever tries these things out we will never know what can be done, i did and like it very much!
Old 06-30-2007, 01:08 PM
twostep

thank you, NManuel.
thanks for the input, i like the setup too cause of the ground clearance. I just wasnt sure if this was placing any extended stress on the drive train or the outdrives.
I like the extra travel on the arms and with the thick shock oil its a perfect setup, in my opinion.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:59 PM
lilfranco

thats exactly what i have as well, but i have a wide arm kit so i get even more arm travel and rideheight