Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Is there any hope.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Jammin Jake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there any hope.....

Welp.....my sis left my micro t on and the battery i reckon is toast....Ive heard of things about just julting it with a strong shot of power and it will revive it.... but i cant find anything on that....any one had this prob....and kno how to fix it.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:32 PM
toxic 2U

Default RE: Is there any hope.....

I left mine on before and I just let it sit for a few days then tryed it and it took a charge and works just fine
Old 07-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Jammin Jake

Oh ok..ill jus use my other battery for now...and try it later...
Old 07-03-2007, 04:27 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just get a new battery............................
Old 07-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Jammin Jake

Lol...i was hoping there was a diff way....dont exactly have 15 bucks to spend on a new battery...
Old 07-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: Jammin Jake

Lol...i was hoping there was a diff way....dont exactly have 15 bucks to spend on a new battery...
This happend to me and I revived it with my super brain 959. I set it at .5 amps for 5 mins to get about half charge and now it works.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:06 PM
Jammin Jake

Fawsome...i dont have a super brain but i think i do have sumthing that will work.....thx thou
Old 07-03-2007, 09:00 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, I would just cycle it.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:13 PM
Jammin Jake

Get this.....im just sittin here and im like maybe just maybe itll start workin again and i plug it in and the lite comes on....so i guess its fine now...[8D]
Old 07-04-2007, 07:50 AM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

Get this.....im just sittin here and im like maybe just maybe itll start workin again and i plug it in and the lite comes on....so i guess its fine now...[8D]
hmm...[&:]
Old 07-04-2007, 08:16 AM
nitro _ burner

Mabye you can pretend its still brocken and just go and get the LiPo.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:49 AM
Jammin Jake

I sure hav been wantin one...but its a lil too much 4 me. Have yall heard of a li-ion battery...this guy on ebay has tons of them charger and battery ready to install into the micro....they sell about 25 bucks shipped. But is this somthing thats just a rip off meaning dosent give u better performance or is it really better....he claims it gives u 25 min of run time....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Team-Losi-Micro-...QQcmdZViewItem

W/e i know the just plugging it in and it workin again sounds weird but it did.....when i found out my sis left it on i was pissed...i tried plugging it in and tryin to get the light back on tons of tries.....so i just turned it off and put it away then came here. Next day i tried it and it works...iono...i guess it was on the brink of just barely flat dead and a lil bit of charge in it to bring it back.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:53 PM
LBRC

Have yall heard of a li-ion battery...this guy on ebay has tons of them charger and battery ready to install into the micro....they sell about 25 bucks shipped. But is this somthing thats just a rip off meaning dosent give u better performance or is it really better....he claims it gives u 25 min of run time....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Team-Losi-Micro-...QQcmdZViewItem
I have some serious reservations about anyone advertising a 7.4v 460mAh lipo pack that would fit in a Micro-T. So far the highest capacity cells that can be squeezed into a stock Micro-T are some on the newer 250mAh high multi rate discharge types like the Fullriver 552035H10C.

Looking at some of his listings the guy seems to be some sort of electronic midget who got a soldering iron for Xmod-mas. It may not seem significant without a formal electronics background/education but his photo of a pile of mosfets on a paint stained desktop without any sort of anti static protection in site just screams armature electronic idiot, since he is then going to turn around and try to sell them to someone.

Back to the LiPo, my guess is that the pack is using 2x 230 mAh cells and our < electrical savvy entrepreneur just doesn’t get the fact that when you put two cells in series the voltage doubles but the current (mAh) does not, or he is selling 160 packs and “accidentally” (yea right) sort of mixed up the “1” and “4” keys on his keyboard.

Yes lipo battery packs will give you longer runtimes, and a 7.4 volt pack will also give you significantly more speed. However even though Losi sells a 7.4 volt lithium poly (lipo) pack for the Micro-T it seems like about one in ten do not seem to be able to take the increased voltage and current. Often the problem is something simple like the motor pinion gear pressing too hard against the slipper spur gear causing the motor to draw too much current but in other cars it does seem to be a problem with the circuit board itself. The right lithium batteries take special care/handling as well as a lithium charger but they are worth learning about and can be a blast in a Micro-T I use 3.7volt 2P (two parallel cell) packs on the track for uber long runtimes and more control, and 7.4 volt 2s (two series cell) packs for high speed bashing.

For a first lipo I’d recommend the Losi pack that way if your fry your electonics you can always get them to replace your car. For the more experienced and/or adventurous currently most of the best pre-built options like the Micron Helicopter 250mAh 12C lipo packs have sold out but you can make your own. The best budget buy right now is the 7.4 volt 2s 12C 200mAh and 3.7 volt 2p 400mAh packs from Aero-nuts. As for a charger I just don’t like and can’t recommend the cheaper single use chargers at a minimum you should have a multi setting hobby grade charger, but I strongly recommend anyone who plans to have more then a one RC car to consider something like the Duratrax Ice as a minimum, sure it costs slightly more than your Micro-T but in the long run it will save money and let you really enjoy your RC cars.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Jammin Jake

Very intresting and sumwhat confusing read....but i think i get the gerneral idea. Iono the guy has tons of them and hes sold tons of them.....plus all the feedback cept 1 he has are good. So i reckon ima get 1 just for the heck of it...try it out...its way cheaper then the authenic losi lipo....and heck if it does work....good for me. I need it also cuz i dont have one of those good high dolla chargers so im stuck w/ the stock chargers wich is a battery eater. I love messin around w/ my micro on my track...but havin to wait 25 min then get about 6-9 min of play time is pretty lame.....[:@]