Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Is the Micro-T a must have (just because?)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 03:14 AM
RevToTheRedline
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the Micro-T a must have (just because?)

This little thing has been staring me down all night, I was looking at it in the August issue of Car Action. Won truck of the year.

Obviously it's not to be taken seriously, it's just a little fun toy. Are they worth it? $75 from A Main seems like a good deal for some cheap fun. I guess the color you get is random? between red, green and blue
Old 07-05-2007, 05:03 AM
countryboy5789

Default RE: Is the Micro-T a must have (just because?)

Yes they are worth it, they are nearly indescrutible. Loads of fun and you can drive it inddors which is a major plus. I made my own track in my bedrrom , jump off my bed 2ft frop to the floor then around my desk and up the other side of my bed. this little monster will do it all day without hesitation. it is most deffinatly worth it. Here a few pics of mine. It has a few mods, including a reverse mounted rear end, which make the motor center mount and really improves handling an performance overall. There not much you CANT do with one of the little boogers lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23662.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	716644   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz81128.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	716645  
Old 07-05-2007, 05:30 AM
RevToTheRedline

I bought one I'm gonna take it to the RC track when I get it, I should strap and AMBrc transponder to it
Old 07-05-2007, 09:19 AM
Armory

Since you guys have started a dicusion about these things... I have a T-Maxx that well blows and my TC4 is fun but only at the track. I was thinking of getting a RC18T to run around the track, the house and where ever but would this little guy be worth just to run around my condo? It's a hard decision something alitte beefier for what ever or this guy which seems purely suited for indoor.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:47 PM
countryboy5789

ORIGINAL: RevToTheRedline

I bought one I'm gonna take it to the RC track when I get it, I should strap and AMBrc transponder to it
lol goodluck with that, the durn transponders are about the size of the front end on these micro t's so theres pretty much no way to fit it under the body( correct me if you've found this to be wrong cuz i couldnt do it with mine).You could also put in outside the body but i dunno if that would be safe .
Old 07-05-2007, 02:50 PM
countryboy5789

ORIGINAL: Armory

Since you guys have started a dicusion about these things... I have a T-Maxx that well blows and my TC4 is fun but only at the track. I was thinking of getting a RC18T to run around the track, the house and where ever but would this little guy be worth just to run around my condo? It's a hard decision something alitte beefier for what ever or this guy which seems purely suited for indoor.
Acually it handles pretty good outdoors. Now obviously you wont be able to run it through 3in. tall grass but on the street, concrete, hard packed dirt, it handle very well. Its just that sometimes they tend to do alot of donuts even though you dont want them to lol, but thats the nature of a 2wd anything.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:11 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

I bought one when they came out. I thought it would be fun for indoors.
The coolest thing is that it charges quickly, and considering that the runtime isnt that bad.

BUT>>> Maybe I just got a bad one, but I found it to be terrible quality, even considering it was only 75$.
First off, the front tie rods would break if you just looked at them wrong.. So, after about 4 sets of those in a short time, I got some aluminum ones. Then I found that the front A arms broke easily even if you just rolled it.
Also, if you have any pets, or people with long hair in your house, a strand or two of hair can get wrapped up in the wheels and bring the unit to a stop. Same with going outside, a little dirt in the wheels will slow it down considerably.

All in all, I would say that it could be a fun unit if you have a small indoor area, and dont mind keeping a full set of psare parts on hand (the parts are dirt cheap).
But if you want to go outside, get a 1/18.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:11 PM
RevToTheRedline

You mentioned you bought one when they first came out, like many companies some things were probably updated on it, with better stuff.

All I've really read is that the turnbuckles break really easily.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:01 PM
countryboy5789

ORIGINAL: RevToTheRedline

You mentioned you bought one when they first came out, like many companies some things were probably updated on it, with better stuff.

All I've really read is that the turnbuckles break really easily.
Yes thats very true, when they first came out they had those probslem, brittle plastic etc... Just buy the replacement parts kit for $4 and it covers the arms, shcocktowers, hubs, steeering block etc. The only thing that realy breaks on them now is the turnbuckles but thats because they are paper thin. Not to many peope even run the stock ones anymore. I used green mini zipties to make my own and havent broken one yet. i did break a steering block when i jump it off my uncles tin roofed shed which was aboupt 6ft tall onto a pile of dirt. But that was all my fault cuz i hit the brake in the air and it did a nose dive , landed funny and crack the steeringblock. But the funny thing was i could still drive it, there was just a little more play in the steering than usuall. I deff recomend geting one , especialy if you like to make jumps out of cardbpard and crazy ramps off your bed lke me lol.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Jammin Jake

Yea there awsome......i havent broke any tie rods yet and i have the stock ones on. I actually put the biggest gear i could that came with it(not the spur) and that thing flies, its even faster then my friends and he has the atomic bb motor.....I even made me a huge track in my backyard for it and it handles purtty dag um good.....unfourtanetly it rained yesterdi and washed it out, but that gives me a reason to make a diff 1...lol

Name:	Zu65134.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	717000   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13164.jpg
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	717001   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ib82686.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	717002  
Old 07-06-2007, 01:35 PM
rc monkey

ORIGINAL: Jammin Jake

Yea there awsome......i havent broke any tie rods yet and i have the stock ones on. I actually put the biggest gear i could that came with it(not the spur) and that thing flies, its even faster then my friends and he has the atomic bb motor.....I even made me a huge track in my backyard for it and it handles purtty dag um good.....unfourtanetly it rained yesterdi and washed it out, but that gives me a reason to make a diff 1...lol
Sweet track, you got any videos of it running on it?
Old 07-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Conti027

yea awesome track
Old 07-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Jammin Jake

Well...i just redid the track....it takes alot less time to get around but it is fun.....video wise ill see what i can do. My camera absolutly sucks....iono...sumtimes its great sumtimes it takes horrible pics.....
BTW: U cant make the tripple in the middle....i thought it would make it, but its scaled a little to big(mini t would be perfect).

New track![8D]

Name:	Lj23597.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	717520   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31940.jpg
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	717521   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv55554.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	717522   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ng99705.jpg
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	717523   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ju13616.jpg
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	717524  
Old 07-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Conti027

looks like you need to pack it down.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Jammin Jake

I foot packed it....its smooth and packed where the track is but not like between lanes and stuff. Im getting plenty of traction and even more when i wet it. But trust me its packed and the tripple and table tops are packed with a center block....lol.... I may have a video here soon...just waitin on the micro to charge and the sun to not go down.....once it goes down i cant take a video or decent pics....(my camera sucks).

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...groundshot.flv

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...ck_shot2-1.flv
Old 07-06-2007, 09:10 PM
RevToTheRedline

Jake, that's a cool setup you have there, glad to hear your good luck with the Micro-T, I hope mine is the same way, unless my 6 month old puppy destroys it.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Jammin Jake

Lol....thx....mine has been pounced on by my cat so many times its not even funny. But its still runnin strong. Itll be allright as long as he dosent bite it...(thats when u might have probs)...otherwise i hope yours is alotta fun too.......[8D]
Old 07-06-2007, 09:42 PM
RevToTheRedline

Anyone seen this? I know the turnbuckle problem seems to be one of the only ones people run into with the Micro.

This looks like a killer replacement.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Losi-Micro-T-Adj...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 07-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Jammin Jake

Awsome....he even has a spring set for it.....just wish it wasnt in great british pounds(GBP)...[sm=75_75.gif]