Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

help mini inferno problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 04:52 AM
hyper701

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help mini inferno problem

i got my new electric mini inferno today. i pulled out of the box, put some normal aa batterys in it, set up the antenna, and put in on the ground for a test run. here is the prob.. every time i pull the trigger the buggy hesitates and jolts along the ground. the only way i can get it going is to pull the trigger verry slowly, or give it a push start. the buggy is really slow and gutless. is this just because i am using normal heavy duity aa alkaline batterys or is there somthing else wrong? i have ordered a 9.6 volt 1400nimh intelect battery pack.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:32 AM
nitro _ burner

Default RE: help mini inferno problem

The battery you ordered will make it much eaiser to use. My guess is that the brushes inside the motor might need a bit of filing.
Otherwise check all the connections throughout the buggy and make shure they all have good connections.
If you need any more help or a more detailed explaination, just ask[8D]
Old 07-12-2007, 08:51 AM
Mr. Mugen

You might want to get some duracells or energizers to make do until your new pack comes in. The cells you are using are probably gutless.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:49 PM
mirage-twin

I recently got a completely stock mini inferno aswell and once you get that pack you will be happy
Old 07-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Suprachrgd82

I had the same problem.

What it is:

The factory ESC has a boltage cutoff that allows a certain amount of power to be reverted to the steering servo when voltages and current get low. This makes the car retreivable of the batteries die during operation.

The AAs have a low starting voltage to begin with, so low in fact that it is near the cutoff described above. It is cutting power from the motor and diverting it to the servo, giving you hesitiation.

You have found the cure; the 9.6V 1400MAH. You will find that your problem is fixed, and the car will now be more enjoyable.

Your next issue will be the slipper-clutch being too loose for the power the 9.6V delivers.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:55 PM
hyper701

ok, how do i fix that. cheers
Old 07-12-2007, 11:07 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have a manual for the Mini Inferno?

You tighten the nut down on the Slipper Clutch..............[&:]