Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

mini g-unit by cen racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 09:45 AM
warhead evo4164

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mini g-unit by cen racing

anyone have a mini g-unit by cen racing ?are they durable ,powerful and ,affordable on parts ,well built[sm=confused.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97440.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	722018  
Old 07-13-2007, 10:01 AM
nitro _ burner

Default RE: mini g-unit by cen racing

I dont know where you got this g-unit thing from[&:]
Nitro mini's arn'et very popular, at this sort of size and scale electric's are MUCH eaiser, in general, that nitro's.
If you want a good electric MT either get the RC18MT or the Losi mini LST2 (I have one and they're AWSOME!!!)
Old 07-13-2007, 10:15 AM
warhead evo4164

http://www.customrccars.com/product_...?id=1853&cat=2 is where i got it from and i dont want an electric i want a nitro mini this one is 1:16 scale
Old 07-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Dokioto

ORIGINAL: nitro _ burner

I dont know where you got this g-unit thing from[&:]
Nitro mini's arn'et very popular, at this sort of size and scale electric's are MUCH eaiser, in general, that nitro's.
If you want a good electric MT either get the RC18MT or the Losi mini LST2 (I have one and they're AWSOME!!!)
WOW, I don't know were you have been! Nitro minis are getting very popular.[&:]
What ever scale you are looking at electrics are cleaner and a lot easier then nitro. I don't see why you think it is just this scale. I don't know about you but I like the challenge and the fun that nitro engines give. I would much rather tune a engine then flip a switch and go.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:11 PM
joeyblaze

is that one any good, for 200 bucks seems like a deal
Old 07-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Dokioto

Looks great. If you search you can find many threads on it. Everybody that has got one seems to like it a lot (built like a tank). I would like to get one, to make my 1/16 scale nitro collection bigger (already have Trinity NEXT, Team VTX MST1).
Old 07-13-2007, 08:48 PM
nitro _ burner

Hmm sorry, i didnt know nitro minis where as popular as you say they are. Its just you look around the mini threads and they're arnet many nitro mini threads, especially when you start comparing them to all the mini elecric threads.
This is how I personally view RC, anything below 1/10 scale is best suited to electric. and anything over 1/10 scale is best suited to nitro or gas. thats how I view things.
And i love a good nitro engine, i love tuning them, running them, and everything about them. Its just i think they're more suited to larger scale models.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:05 PM
R/C Lightweight

I've had mine for a week. It's broken in, and I'm not exaggerating; it's awesome! It has ridiculous power for it's size. A 2.5 engine and 4wd, and best of all, weighs only about 4.5 lbs. with gas and batteries installed. I realize 1/16 isn't the most popular size for a MT, but this thing seems pretty tough so far. I think it helps having 1/10 scale servos/electronics. They seem much stronger than mini/micro sized servos. It is explosive in acceleration. The wheelie bar that's coming out soon will be a must have. Truck is very fast and handles decent with the stock set up. I doubt I'll modify it much, as it's pretty sweet straight out of the box. I would highly recommend this truck for simply having fun. I know lots of people are interested in how a certain model races or bashes, and I can't honestly say. But it's a blast to drive.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Dokioto

I really like how this truck uses 1/10 scale servos... In ever nitro mini I have used the first thing to die is the micro sized servos (or any mini for that matter).[:'(]
What size is that 2.5 engine any way (like .12 .18)?
Old 07-14-2007, 03:19 PM
R/C Lightweight

It's a .15 size engine. It's very powerful for this size truck. I was looking at the Trinity NEXT, but the MG-16 seemed a better choice for me. The NEXT only comes with a .095 engine, almost half the size.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:28 PM
Dokioto

That thing must haul with a .15 in there! I guess if you are ever tired of the stock engine you can pick up a different .15... The NEXT dose have a small engine but it's fast enough for me (around 30 MPH).
Old 07-14-2007, 03:39 PM
R/C Lightweight

Please don't think I'm direspecting the NEXT, I almost bought one myself. I still like it. The MG-16 seems to have better ground clearance. The truck has 1/10 scale wheels/tires stock. I need this for running in grass as I often do. I haven't checked top speed with a radar gun, but an honest guess is upper 30 mph (I'm guessing 38ish), maybe just over 40 if your willing to lean it out to the point of taking a risk. I think that's pretty good for a mini NITRO.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:46 PM
R/C Lightweight

Dokioto, how does your VTX compare to your NEXT? I looked at VTX models too, but don't know much about that brand. I love NITRO minis!
Old 07-14-2007, 03:50 PM
Dokioto

I don't think you are being negative about the NEXT at all. I really just thought you were comparing the two (which is greatly appreciated by me as I own a NEXT, so I get a better understanding of the MG-16). I could probably use the MG-16 a lot more then my NEXT anyway, just because the ground clearance and power plant.[>:] So all good here
Old 07-14-2007, 03:59 PM
R/C Lightweight

I suppose one thing to keep in mind is that the Trinity NEXT and VTX MST1 are truggies, while the CEN MG-16 is considered a monster truck.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Dokioto

ORIGINAL: R/C Lightweight

Dokioto, how does your VTX compare to your NEXT? I looked at VTX models too, but don't know much about that brand. I love NITRO minis!
Over all the VTX-MST1 is a way better value then the NEXT.. You get a two speed Tanny, metal diffs, and lets not forget about all that shiny Aluminum for a prise that is a hair under the NEXT . It has the same layout as the NEXT, besides it's wider suspension arms. The only products that the Next has, that I wish came with the MST1 would be the better radio box (it is sealed a lot better and can take more of a beating then the plastic thing that comes with the VTX), and the .095 engine as it packs more punch. But I guess it doesn't matter to much because you can fit all of this into the MST1.

You can buy a two speed and metal diffs for the NEXT so I guess it is a trade off. Anyway both are great trucks (Truggys).
Old 07-14-2007, 04:09 PM
R/C Lightweight

Thanks for the info, maybe one of those will be my next purchase.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Dokioto

No problem, I highly recommend the VTX-MST1 over the NEXT though; just because of there customer service (top notch[sm=thumbup.gif])