Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

ORIGINAL micro t mods and ideas! plz share!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 07:23 PM
crazychris46dividedby2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ORIGINAL micro t mods and ideas! plz share!

ok i felt the urge to get people to come together and share there mods, concepts, and ideas for micro t mods here.

1)first id like to say that the x-mod evolution springs do work great for the micro t but i hear about alot of people using a spacer to fill the gap. the spacer is only needed in the rear shocks seeing as how the front shocks are shorter. but in the rear instead of using the spacers to fill the gap gently stretch the spring out so that its the same size as the stock spring. use the stock spring to find out if you have streched it enough. dont rush the process if it takes awhile to strech it then it takes awhile, getting it right is always a slow process. im currently using the red x mod evolution springs in the front and rear.

2)next on my list i used a flat edge razor knife to cut a rectangle opening in the battery door. the cut out i made is slightly smaller than the size of the battery so that the battery doesnt fall out, but still stays in place. why did i do this you might be asking? when i charge my battery i always take it out of the car. it might seem like a pain in the ass but any chance i get to take something apart then im there. but before doing this i noticed that the battery was usually quite warm to the touch. so i figured that if there was some air passing across the battery then it might help keep it cool. sure enough the battery barly gets warm now. you might be thinking that a warm battery isnt a big deal but heat is always the enemy with such things.

3) i am also using the metal ball bearings. they truely work great. if you decide to buy them you wont be dissapointed in them. another heat issue i wanted to overcome was to keep the bearings cool. seeing as heat will make the metals used in these bearing wear alot quicker i used the small hand drillbit from the xmod tool kit ( which works great for the micro t) to drill five holes in each wheel. the air that is allowed to flow through these holes in motion should in theory help to keep the bearings cooler. i have not yet proven this to be true but im almost positive that it works. not only does drilling the wheels keep the bearings cool but it looks alot better than the stock wheels as well. to drill them out i removed all 4 wheels and drilled them out from the inside of the wheel. i did it from the inside because on the inside there are 5 plastic supports that connect from the center shaft to the outter edge of the wheel. but the bit close to these supports to get a nice evenly space hole all around. another option would be to buy a custom set of wheel if you can afford it.

well thats it for now but please add any ideas you have to this post for me and the rest of us to share. thanks, crazychris
Old 07-18-2007, 10:34 PM
18mt_kid

Default RE: ORIGINAL micro t mods and ideas! plz share!

how is your range bcuz my antenna pooped out on me and i made a new one out of cat5 wire(ethernet cable) and it's shorter than stock and i can drive until i have to find it! such an easy and good mod took me literally less than 15 minutes. threaded shafts are a good thing to have if you have to constantl clean out the fuzz off the inside of the wheels
Old 07-19-2007, 12:01 PM
crazychris46dividedby2

the range on my micro t is pretty good, somewhere around 300 feet. the treaded shafts is something id like to get but unsure where to get them. but i do constant maintenence on mine to keep all the parts clean. and it deffinatly is a pain in the arse to take those "E" clips off and on. post a link of where i can find them! thanks
Old 07-19-2007, 12:13 PM
Mz

http://www.killerhobbies.com/items/t...p-ups/list.htm