Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Novak ESC???

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 03:17 PM
RLMHPI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Novak ESC???

I am new to mini's and electric rc's as I have a couple nitro powered rc's and was curious what electric was like so I purchased a mini rs4 and I have a question.I installed a Novak ESC in my mini rs4 and when I set it I have either full forward or bang full reverse. If I set it so there is no reverse I have full throttle and brake. I was wondering if there is a way to set it so i have full throttle and brake and if i tap the brake again I have reverse instead of slaming into reverse. I just destroyed a motor with the setting on full forward and full reverse! Any help???
Old 10-10-2007, 08:54 PM
RLMHPI

Default RE: Novak ESC???

12 hits and no replies does my question not make sense come on guys this should be basic electric rc stuff whats the deal?????
Old 10-10-2007, 08:58 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: RLMHPI

I am new to mini's and electric rc's as I have a couple nitro powered rc's and was curious what electric was like so I purchased a mini rs4 and I have a question.I installed a Novak ESC in my mini rs4 and when I set it I have either full forward or bang full reverse. If I set it so there is no reverse I have full throttle and brake. I was wondering if there is a way to set it so i have full throttle and brake and if i tap the brake again I have reverse instead of slaming into reverse. I just destroyed a motor with the setting on full forward and full reverse! Any help???
I doubt it, you have to learn to be more careful on the throttle, driving electrics is not like driving nitros, a little "brake" goes a long way[8D]
Old 10-10-2007, 10:18 PM
RLMHPI

What are you doubting??? I dont understand your reply "a little brake goes a long way"??? Let me clairify. If i push the trigger the vehicle drives straight. If i push the trigger the opposite way it goes backwards there is no brake. If i set the esc to dissable reverse when I push the trigger it drives straight when i push the opposite way it brakes but no reverse. I have seen electric cars that have the option when the trigger is pushed to reverse the first time you push it the vehicle will stop when it comes to a complete stop if you press the trigger again it will reverse. Switching polarities on an electric motor at full throttle is definatly not good for any electric motor and is probably one of the worst things you can do to a motor you will destroy any electric motor by doing this thus the reason for a esc!!!

Back to the topic that nobody can help me with does anybody know how to set this thing?????[:@]
Old 10-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Mr. Mugen

Do you have the manual? If not I will get mine out of the file cabinet but it is very easy if you read the manual and do as it says. Kevin What novak esc do you have? They make too many to guess from what you posted.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:31 PM
RLMHPI

I have the manual. Its the novak spy. Everything the manual says to do works I can program it and dissable reverse ect. I just cant set it so I have full throttle-brake-reverse and it doesnt mention this setting in the manual!
Old 10-10-2007, 10:33 PM
tyhodge07

turn both on, hold the set button down, when it blinks, pull the trigger backwords until it stays lit, than push the trigger forward until the light turns red or green cant remember, itll be the color it isnt when ur in the set mode.. you prolly know this, but for your brake, when your already moving, and throw it in reverse mod, it should brake n e ways, all you really need to do it tap it a time or 2 than it will stop it, if you hold it than it will just go in reverse after it slows down enough to a stop almost..
Old 10-10-2007, 10:44 PM
Mr. Mugen

HUH?
Old 10-10-2007, 10:45 PM
RLMHPI

I wish it would brake from full throttle and then all I would have to do is tap the trigger and have reverse but its not like that its like an on and off switch its either full forward or full reverse no brake the only time i get brake is if i dissable reverse. If i hold the car in the air and pull the trigger forward and the back it goes straight to reverse no brake or slow down no middle!!
Old 10-11-2007, 12:43 AM
RLMHPI

It seems nobody can help me so instead of asking how to set this esc to do what I want I am reaching out to people who own the Novak Spy ESC all I want is your input on how yours functions when you release the throttle and apply the trigger in the opposite direction quickly what happens????? Does it brake to a stop???? Do u have instant reverse????? Or can you do exactly what I want mine to do brake to a stop release the trigger and press it again and reverse kicks in???????????
Old 10-11-2007, 06:47 AM
forrest225

just tap reverse and it will stop and then hold reverse and it will reverse. dosent take a rocket scientist to figure it out
Old 10-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Novak2

ORIGINAL: RLMHPI

It seems nobody can help me so instead of asking how to set this esc to do what I want I am reaching out to people who own the Novak Spy ESC all I want is your input on how yours functions when you release the throttle and apply the trigger in the opposite direction quickly what happens????? Does it brake to a stop???? Do u have instant reverse????? Or can you do exactly what I want mine to do brake to a stop release the trigger and press it again and reverse kicks in???????????

If you do not receive a complete response to your questions here, you can always e-mail [email protected] for assistance.

Please do not use a "free" e-mail account, as it will probably get caught in our spam filter.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:05 AM
RLMHPI

I have e mailed them and I am waiting for a response thanks for everyones help who actually helped and for all those people not listening to what I am saying and are just saying things like "just tap its not rocket science" READ WHAT I WROTE AGAIN BEFORE YOU ASSUME AND MAKE UNINTELLIGENT COMMENTS!!
Old 10-11-2007, 11:55 AM
rschoi_75

hey dude, I'm not sure if the novak spy comes with the double pump braking action you're talking about. I know the novak xrs esc has that feature, but I don't think the spy does. I used to have both, and always noticed that the XRS had smoother brake to reverse action than the spy.

You can always reduce the brake trims on your tx, but it will reduce your stopping power... and I know you mentioned you still want full brakes. If you don't care about losing the rev lockout function, I'd highly suggest an XRS.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:59 AM
RLMHPI

Holly cow some usefull input thanks pvt that explains alot more then most have said. I guess alot of these micro guys are noods if i had posted a problem or question in the HPI savage section of these forums i would instantly have answers or opinions it only took this forum two days you regular posters in the forum should be proud NOT!!!!!!! Thanks again pvt