Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

What is good aceleration gearing for my 18MT???? Please Reply

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

What is good aceleration gearing for my 18MT???? Please Reply

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 12:40 AM
calvino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is good aceleration gearing for my 18MT???? Please Reply

thanks alot, ignore all the "old" posts
Old 10-15-2007, 11:59 AM
rschoi_75

Default RE: What differential rebuild kit is best for my 18MT, Please Reply

the links are the same.... and the best way to figure it out is to start wrenching.

Take you truck apart, figure out what broke, and buy it. Most likely your ring and pinion gear are grinded down. This is the info I got from your other thread. The diff rebuild kits that you linked don't have the parts you need. Although I would pick up a few sets of those too.

btw try to keep to ONE thread on this topic. It'll be easier to get help. We all see your question... making multiple threads isn't going to get more people to respond.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:10 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: pvt_pile

the links are the same.... and the best way to figure it out is to start wrenching.

Take you truck apart, figure out what broke, and buy it. Most likely your ring and pinion gear are grinded down. This is the info I got from your other thread. The diff rebuild kits that you linked don't have the parts you need. Although I would pick up a few sets of those too.

btw try to keep to ONE thread on this topic. It'll be easier to get help. We all see your question... making multiple threads isn't going to get more people to respond.
ok, sorry, better start opening it up, so I can get the correct stuff, calvino
Old 10-15-2007, 12:51 PM
calvino

ok, I opened up my car and this greeted me on the rear diff, lots of fine soil from my friends bashing site (guess I will not run there), also in the diff housing there was TONS of dirt, I also checked the front diff which greeted me with this, how do I clean this out quckly (as I should be doing my math )
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44595.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	783468   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69298.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	783469   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88447.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	783470  
Old 10-15-2007, 01:44 PM
calvino

figured out that both rear gears are mashed down, my pinion imput is history, I am prob going to run the outer gear till it dies, and replace it, hey, now I know, don't drive where it is dusty[8D]
Old 10-15-2007, 01:45 PM
rschoi_75

wow... the teeth on your gears are amazingly intact...

Don't want to sound like your dad... but you should finish your homework first.

A quick cleaning with soap and water (take it all apart first) should do it. Try to seperate all the metal parts and set those aside. only wash the plastic stuff. The metal can be cleaned with WD40. Then use an air sprayer (used in computer cleaning) to get all the fine particles out.

When assembling your diff again, I use dry powder lubricant on the diffs. This works better than oil, since dry lube does not make dust stick to your gears. You can get dry lube at any hobby shop or major online dealer. Search for "Dry White w/ teflon". Double check to make sure all the gears are in good shape and don't over zealous on tightening the main screw.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:48 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: pvt_pile

wow... the teeth on your gears are amazingly intact...

Don't want to sound like your dad... but you should finish your homework first.

A quick cleaning with soap and water (take it all apart first) should do it. Try to seperate all the metal parts and set those aside. only wash the plastic stuff. The metal can be cleaned with WD40. Then use an air sprayer (used in computer cleaning) to get all the fine particles out.

When assembling your diff again, I use dry powder lubricant on the diffs. This works better than oil, since dry lube does not make dust stick to your gears. You can get dry lube at any hobby shop or major online dealer. Search for "Dry White w/ teflon". Double check to make sure all the gears are in good shape and don't over zealous on tightening the main screw.
thanks, yeah, should stop by LHS after weight lifting class to pick up a few things, I don't have that air spray stuff but do have a hair dryer, yeah, better do my math, behind a day[&o]