Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

New Truggy Body for RC18T or Pro-Pulse

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 11:19 PM
DogbreathRacing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Truggy Body for RC18T or Pro-Pulse

There has been alot of interest of late into Truggy conversions. That has of couse bled over into the mini scale region of the hobby with the Associated RC18T being the main candidate for conversion. The problem up to now is that you had to use one of the two or three truck bodies available and cut the rear end almost completely off to get the rear buggy wing to fit. The results left alot to be desired...it looked like a chopped up truck with a wing.
Now I have redesigned the truck body to a point where it is somewhere between a truck and a buggy, kind of a Euro-SUV with attitude, but it looks good with a wing and can be trimmed to accept the wing without chopping the whole rear-end off!.
The next thing is that there are no fender lines to trim to, so you can deciede for yourself where you want to trim. It can have large wheel well openings or small suspension slots (you can see both kinds of trim in the pics below.
It was also designed to use either the buggy OR truck rear shock tower (though a truck front shock tower is required).
AND it will fit either the RC18T/B or the Pro-Pulse series vehicles (the problem with fitting other RC18T bodies to the Pro-Pulse was the the PP sits a bit higher and the body trim was a bit short leaving a gap between the body and the bottom of the chassis, this body is formed with some extra depth so that when trimmed it will fit the PP all the way down to the chassis)....it might even fit others as well but I don't have access to others to test fit.
Since most RC18 owners are actually bashers and not racers these bodies are formed in styrene, it's easier to form and keeps the cost per body low.
Now on to the pictures and some explanations of the changes and features....

Redesigned Truggy body, can be used with or without a wing.
Formed in styrene to keep cost low, body will come with waterslide window decals.

Trimmed and fitted to a RC18T, wings are not included to keep cost low, 3R wing shown can be purchased in TheToyz Store

Trimmed, Painted, and mounted on RC18T....note large rear wheel well trim.

Trimmed, painte, and mounted on Pro-Pulse B-100, note close suspension trim on rear wheels.

This shows the difference in rear trim for the wing, open (to allow body removal) or closed (body is captive but allows to be unpinned to change batteries ect.)

This body features an air scoop on top of the cab and a long sloped back giving it a sportier look than just a plain truck. It also has a full length hood bubble to help prevent bending at that point. And finally it has reshaped front fenders and a deeper body line to allow fitment to more vehicles.

Comments?
Old 10-18-2007, 12:37 PM
rschoi_75

Default RE: New Truggy Body for RC18T or Pro-Pulse

looks great! Much respect for actually taking the time to shape your own mold. any plans to sell these?
Old 10-18-2007, 05:06 PM
DogbreathRacing

Yes they will be for sale to those who can get past it being styrene instead of lexan.
Great basher body!

You can email me for details and prices
Old 10-19-2007, 12:04 PM
gnarkill1988

i just trimmed up my stock body and used the 18b wing mounts and a vendetta wing, i just drilled new holes. you have the use the 18b rear shock tower too...but it bolts right up.....and to buy the wing,wing mounts,and shock tower is only like...$10-$12. and it looks really cool. no-offence. but that body to me looks sorta ugly. i dont really like it. the wing is cool. but i dont like that body that is pictured above. all the fetures are over exadurated (hood bump, shock bumps on the rear and roof scoop) i know its just a body...but idk i just dont care for it. i like the original proline bodys and the stock AE bodys. thoes are the ones i buy. and the AE bodys are cheap too.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:42 PM
gnarkill1988

i didnt have to chop off the whole back end....... all i had to do was cut away a small rectangular piece of the "bed" and that was it. and i still used the 18t shock tower....but it is better to use the 18b. and you can use ither the 18b wing or a vendetta wing when you use the detta wing you need to use a body reamer to drill new holes. but i like the detta wing cause there is alot more veriely and they are hard plastic instead of lexan.you can get crabon fiber blue green yellow red ext. ill post a pic of my truck.....you cant even tell the body is cut....it looks stock.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:31 PM
DogbreathRacing

ORIGINAL: gnarkill1988

all the fetures are over exadurated (hood bump, shock bumps on the rear and roof scoop) i know its just a body...but idk i just dont care for it. i like the original proline bodys and the stock AE bodys. thoes are the ones i buy. and the AE bodys are cheap too.
Well if that's your opinion thats OK...but the hood bump and rear shock bumps are exactly the same size as those on the stock AE body....
Old 10-19-2007, 07:50 PM
MicroMotorSport

once again, nice bodies DBR.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:57 PM
DogbreathRacing

ORIGINAL: MicroMotorSport

once again, nice bodies DBR.
Thanks! They work for me