Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

RC18MT/RC18B

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 06:48 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RC18MT/RC18B

I want to get the RC18B and bash it. My friend says the RC18MT is better for jumping. I have looked at them both, they look identical exept for the body shock towers and tires/wheels. Will the RC18B not jump as good? They are both awseome but i like how the 18B looks better. What do you guys think?

Aaron

Old 10-19-2007, 06:54 PM
ryan the pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC18MT/RC18B

Well it doesn't really matter. I would get the rc18mt because its basically the rc18t which has way more upgrades than the rc18b.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:06 PM
rschoi_75

So Cal,
you're correct in assuming that they are nearly identical. the only difference is the tires, rear shock tower, body, and wing. Either truck/buggy can be transformed into the other with very few additions. The MT is better at jumping because of the larger tires, but I say get what you like better. You can always convert it later.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:20 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: pvt_pile

So Cal,
you're correct in assuming that they are nearly identical. the only difference is the tires, rear shock tower, body, and wing. Either truck/buggy can be transformed into the other with very few additions. The MT is better at jumping because of the larger tires, but I say get what you like better. You can always convert it later.
Arron, get the MT, I have one and it jumps great, granted the jump is not to steep, don't get the buggy, it is so low on ground clearance that it will be prone to bottoming out SUPER EASY, even though one of my front and one of my rear shocks have lost oil, it still jumps great, just a note, if you are driving in SUPER FINE SOIL, make shure to clean out the diff gears afterwards, it will reward you later with not needing to replace a diff gear, yes, I learned it the hardway, to get my full opinion on it, shoot me a PM, calvin
Old 10-19-2007, 07:44 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK thanx guys, looks like im getting the MT. My buddy has three and the only thing he broke is a a-arm because he was doing at least 30mph and slammed into the back of a plastic ramp. And we where jumping it off my plastic kickers propped up on a car tire over a bush a good 7ft tall or more. Then he gapped a 20ft gap down the street and cartwheeld about 50ft down the street hit the ground on all fours and kept going. After that he was jumping it so high i had to catch it with a t-shirt to keep it from smaking the groung from a good 10-12ft in the air. (he has a reedy modified motor and it is blistering fast i couldnt imagine it with a BL!)So i know it is VERY durable. Was just unsure which was better. Thanx again for your help guys.

Aaron
Old 10-19-2007, 11:11 PM
calvino

glad to help ya, trust me, it is a SICK car[8D]