Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

vendetta st upgrades and problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 01:29 PM
JKernel12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vendetta st upgrades and problems

hey everybody, i bought a vendetta st a couple of weeks ago and i want to share my problems with people who are looking to buy one.

PRoBLEMS: battery: the battery that it comes with is just a small 650MaH battery pack and it lasts about 5 minuets. that shuold be one of your first upgrades.

axles: the platsic axles that it come with spin out easily and the srew holding on the bolt always comes out because the is not the standar nut and bolt system you would expect on an r/c car.

motor and battery plugs: if you are running somewhere where you motor will get hotter than average like the road your motor plug melts witch is bad because it could short out and smoke both your speed controller and motor. you can either eliminate the plug system completley and run straight wires or you could upgrades to deans plugs.

Speed controller: this isnt really a problem but i dont like to calibrate it every time i turn it on.

servo mount: the servo isnt mounted whenyou get it, it is just held on with double sided tape but the mounts are considerably cheap

Those are just my opinions on the vendetta but there are thing that are awsome on the vendetta. post pictures of your vendetta and let everyone know what you like or dont about the vendetta.

WHAT ARE SOME GOOD UPGRADES I SHOULD GET FOR THE VENDETTA ST.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:11 PM
rschoi_75

Default RE: vendetta st upgrades and problems

yup, those are common problems known to the detta. They have all been discussed and addressed with modifications or upgrades.

- Battery... yes its trash...but then again, all RTR batteries are made cheap. It keeps the production costs down and profit up. Upgrade to GP1100, IB1400, elite 1500 batteries, or go lipo.

- Axles (aka universals) ... you must be careful not to overtighten the screw on the plastic ones. It will strip the threads and the screw will never stay. If they are already falling out, you can try a slightly larger diameter screw to make new threads in the universals. Steel CVD's are highly reccommended. Use loctite blue when using steel or alum cvd's.
* edit *... I just remembered, there is a mod where you can use a lock nuts. Take a long screw and apply a dab of ca glue, epoxy, or other strong glue, on the end of the screw. Screw it in, leaving about 7-8mm of the screw exposed. Let it set for 24 hours. Then cut off the head and dremel it smooth. Presto! ... you can use locknuts.

- Motor/battery plugs... should be changed to deans, bullets, hardwire, or other type of "beefy" connector. The stock HPI micro plugs come in most mini's. Most people here know to change them right away. Its costs less than $5 to change and takes less than 5 minutes to do. Most hobby shops will do it for you while you wait.

- The esc is not the best. You can't really do anything about the programming issue. Your best bet is to change it out with something better. Once again, its a RTR, so they don't use the best quality electronics.

- You can buy a servo hold-down for the vendetta at Tower hobbies or most dtx dealers. The double sided tape was just laziness on Anderson's side (they are the original makers of the vendetta... in Taiwan). Buy the servo hold-down or drill some holes and use zip-ties.

I would post pics but I just know someone will start making a fuss that there are multiple threads on this already. Search around and you'll find some great threads with tons of pics and lots of tips. Nice choice on the detta. I'm sure you'll have a blast with it.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:10 AM
irockdude

if your looking for threads on BRUSHLESS vendettas then try my thread "please post brushless vendettas" or Jeajw1's brushless motors "pros and cons"...or if you just want general help the "official vendetta thread" is best.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:50 AM
Gex_61

Very cool,
I just got mine off ebay.

Are there aluminum or threaded shock bodies for the stock shocks? If not, who makes quality aftermarket shocks for the vendetta?
Old 10-22-2007, 09:33 AM
jaejw1

i still use my stock shocks, all it takes is a simple mod and they work perfectly..
Old 10-22-2007, 10:02 AM
rschoi_75

The stock shocks are not threaded. I'm with Jaejw1 on this. I like the stockers. Never had a problem with them, and I don't mind using the pre-load spacers.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:55 PM
Gex_61

Mine are leaking. Two of them, front and rear, are leaking out the top and bottom real bad. Since it's used, I don't know the abuse they have been through. I think I will buy another set of the stock bodies and go from there. I havn't driven it yet.

I'm going to try my mamba 6800 on the backyard track. I'll keep a close eye on it, and if it's under too much stress I'll get a different motor.

I'll get pictures soon.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:52 AM
jaejw1

in that case.. get the aluminum shocks..