Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Dynamite charger with RC18MT battery?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 01:15 PM
jgrcnunya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynamite charger with RC18MT battery?

Hi - I'm new to RC Cars and just purchased an Associate RC18MT. I also purchased a 'DYNAMITE Vision Peak 2 AC/DC Peak Charger' (http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/D...ProdID=DYN4044). The connections on the charger do not fit connector on the stock battery for the RC18MT. Is there an adaptor for sale that will allow me to use this charger with the stock battery?

Thanks!
Old 10-22-2007, 01:28 PM
calvino

Default RE: Dynamite charger with RC18MT battery?

ORIGINAL: jgrcnunya

Hi - I'm new to RC Cars and just purchased an Associate RC18MT. I also purchased a 'DYNAMITE Vision Peak 2 AC/DC Peak Charger' (http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/D...ProdID=DYN4044). The connections on the charger do not fit connector on the stock battery for the RC18MT. Is there an adaptor for sale that will allow me to use this charger with the stock battery?

Thanks!
First of all, welcome to RCU (this is standard procedure for all new members), secondly, I sadly don't know of any adaptors for sale, although you could make your own prety simply with the connector that came on the 10.5 hr charger, you can probabaly also get the wire but, I don't know, most people after a while upgrade to Deans Plugs so I would just make up a simple adaptor, prob not that hard[8D], by the way, I also have an 18MT, super fun
Old 10-22-2007, 04:12 PM
ajb1205

Ran across the same problem...my lhs had adapters for pretty much everything (about $4 each). I ended up getting 2 for my charger (I got this one http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRST9&P=ML )...one that allows me to plug into my Revo's rx pack and one to plug into the bats I use for my RC18T. The one's I got are made by Venom...here's a link http://www.venom-group.com/product/p...s.htm#adapters . I do have the Dean's plugs and plan on switching over to them soon as I am already having issues with the stock connectors.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:12 PM
ChrisB17

I use a dynamite vision 2 peak charger with http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSB1204 that peice to charge my vendetta batterys. I use RC18t batterys also. Works great.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:10 PM
jgrcnunya

Thanks for all the responses. Looks like the http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSB1204 will do the trick!
Old 10-23-2007, 04:04 PM
cjg

Be sure not to charge your RC18 battery at more than 1 amp. The higher amp settings are for larger batteries for 1/10 scale vehicles, etc.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:36 AM
Moustafa
My Feedback: (1)

What's a good way to make an adapter to charge a battery with deans plugs? Would you just snip the end of the normal battery connector and solder on a male or female dean plug? Because it seems the only thing you can buy in regards to an adapter is either a tamiya or hpi connector. Does anyone have a method to this?
Old 10-26-2007, 09:21 AM
ajb1205

I just switched over to deans mini plugs...cut off all the ends and soldered on the new ones. Much cleaner look and much more reliable, too. Also did the same kind of thing to my glow driver for my Revo...cut the end off the 10 hour wall charger and soldered on one of the tamiya ends I cut off of one of the adapters i had bought before. I can now charge my glow driver in an hour or 2. I can post some pics later if you want.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:53 AM
ajb1205

Here's a couple pics...

Old 10-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Moustafa

Thank for the pics but I was talking about what needs to be done to the charger connection when you try to charge up the r/c battery with the deans connection. Do you have a picture of your charger connection? I mean is it just a matter of soldering on a deans plug on the charger plug? It might be a stupid question but hey, it should be an easy answer if it is. Thanks.

Mark
Old 10-26-2007, 01:15 PM
ajb1205

I just cut the end off the adapter and put on a deans...here's a couple pics

The long wire is the charger.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Moustafa

Is that a male or female connector from the charger? For some reason it looks like it only has one prong on it, how come?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:56 PM
ajb1205

There isn't a male female end...you just have to make sure that you + and - are on the same side when you solder the ends together.

Here's a link for the deans ends I used...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/3592
Old 10-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Moustafa

You know what's weird is that I don't see those type of deans connectors in the tower hobbies website unless I'm looking in the wrong area but I don't see the kind that you have pictured. Couldn't I just use a male or female connector that would match up with whatever is on my battery?
Old 10-26-2007, 03:00 PM
ajb1205

I don't see why not but I would get rid of all the stock electrical connections. These http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKX39&P=ML were the ones I was going to get but they're just bigger. I hope I am understanding your question?!
Old 10-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Moustafa

Cool, well I hope I was able to explain myself correct but i think you understood. I had a feeling that those plugs would and should work also. I actually never had batteries with deans plugs on them so that's why I'm a little retarded with this. I'll give it a shot. Hey thanks for the pics also. What kind of vehicle do you have? I have the rc18t and I'm going to purchase the vendetta st and I wanted to make all of the connections with the deans connectors for better use of the power.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:57 PM
ajb1205

No problem. Once you switch over to the deans you'll really like it. Just be careful when soldering them...make sure that when you plug the ends together that the red and black wires match up...almost goofed up a couple of times! It is also a RC18T...great little truck. I also have a fully modded Revo but this will be my winter "toy" so to speak. I have issues with running a "stock" truck but I'm really trying to be more conservative with this one...one nice thing is that parts are super cheap!