Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

RC18MT servo won't recenter

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 03:58 PM
ohgrfreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC18MT servo won't recenter

This was the first really cold day I took the 18MT out in to run. My new Epic 1500 battery pack fully charged, the car seemed sluggish, and worst of all, the steering would not auto center after a turn. If I made the request to turn left, it would stay turned left well after I take my hand off of the transmitter. Same with turning right.

Recently I did these to my 18MT:
Gear cover
Motor heatsink
ESC heatsink
and the new battery, which this is the battery's second run
and it was cold, like low to mid 40's

Or is it just the servo that needs a behaviour adjustment?
Old 11-10-2007, 04:04 PM
calvino

Default RE: RC18MT servo won't recenter

ORIGINAL: ohgrfreak

This was the first really cold day I took the 18MT out in to run. My new Epic 1500 battery pack fully charged, the car seemed sluggish, and worst of all, the steering would not auto center after a turn. If I made the request to turn left, it would stay turned left well after I take my hand off of the transmitter. Same with turning right.

Recently I did these to my 18MT:
Gear cover
Motor heatsink
ESC heatsink
and the new battery, which this is the battery's second run
and it was cold, like low to mid 40's

Or is it just the servo that needs a behaviour adjustment?
check to make shure there is no binding??? also try the older battery (the stock one)
Old 11-10-2007, 05:56 PM
ohgrfreak

I don't see anything that may cause binding, I just tore the entire thing down to install the gearcover a few days ago and didn't see anything then. I'll try the stock battery later, but the Epic battery was awesome it's first charge.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:53 PM
calvino

I don't see anything that may cause binding, I just tore the entire thing down to install the gearcover a few days ago and didn't see anything then. I'll try the stock battery later, but the Epic battery was awesome it's first charge.
yeah, but I found out that the battery can sometimes have enough to power the motor but not the servo, servos are HUGE power wasters so that is prob part of the problem
Old 11-10-2007, 11:34 PM
ohgrfreak

I hardly think it's the battery, but it may very well be. The battery is on it's second charge, the first charge the new Epic batt outpaced and outlasted the stock 1100 batt, and after one cycle, it should at least perform the same. It may be a couple days before I get a chance to run the truck again with the stock batt, it's been busy and Saturdays are my only days with any breathing room for time and today is over already, lol, I've been running nonstop.

Off topic, but isn't it funny how when you (you, as in the general public) were a kid (I'm 28 and have no idea how old anyone else is here) you always wanted to grow up to get a job and buy all the kewl stuff your parents never got you? Then you grow up, and now you can buy yourself the kewl stuff you wanted, but now you're too busy working to make the money to buy the kewl stuff and hardly ever get to use the kewl stuff that you worked so hard to buy. Oh, it hurts the brain to think about it.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:45 PM
foxtrot685

haha thats funny because i actually run my rc18r inside of my work place. i work in a chapel and the pews are the slalom course, we jump the handicap rampsand when the fellowship hall is clear we do the figure 8
Old 11-11-2007, 01:47 PM
ohgrfreak

ORIGINAL: foxtrot685

haha thats funny because i actually run my rc18r inside of my work place. i work in a chapel and the pews are the slalom course, we jump the handicap rampsand when the fellowship hall is clear we do the figure 8
[X(] I'd be scared that I would end up breaking something ramping inside of any building, let alone a chapel.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:36 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: foxtrot685

[X(] I'd be scared that I would end up breaking something ramping inside of any building, let alone a chapel.
scared of breaking, on my truck, yeah,just broke ANOTHER stock motor shaft, this happen to anyone else, I have only had this motor for about 2 weeks, so far my truck has ate 2 motors, it is really making me iritated