Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

How do you build mini-t oil shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 03:53 PM
ChrisB17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you build mini-t oil shocks?

I have a pair of mini-t oil shocks and I want to rebuild them and put thicker oil in them. Im not sure how to do this tho.[]
Old 11-11-2007, 08:20 PM
dacaur

Default RE: How do you build mini-t oil shocks?

you need to post the MFG of the shocks... a link to where you bought them would be best....
Old 11-11-2007, 09:02 PM
ChrisB17

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB1110
Old 11-11-2007, 09:36 PM
dacaur

Edit - I never had a losi - see below
Old 11-11-2007, 10:01 PM
darindotson

No, the Losi shocks are bottom filled. Use the supplied plastic wrench to unscrew the black plastic nut from the shock body. Take the old Teflon sleeves/o-rings off the threads. Empty out the old, add the new oil just to where the threads start on the shock body. Put TWO new Teflon sleeves that you got in your rebuild kit on each nut- it is a PITA to get them on there, but just kind of screw them on. Put the piston/shaft assembly into the shock body, and tighten the plastic nut until it's almost tight, then lightly pump the shock shaft to release air from around the threads. Then tighten the plastic nut- no need to wrench it too tight- the Teflon seals do a good job IF you didn't booger them up getting them on.

Hope this helps!! I use 40wt all the way around, and have never had a leaking shock. These units are top-notch.

D.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:04 PM
rschoi_75

They actually fill from the bottom.

1) Remove the spring holder and spring, then use your hand or needle nose pliers to gently unscrew the bottom cap.

2) drain the oil.

3) check for any damaged/worn parts. It is important to check the thin plastic seal for the bottom cap. It looks like a thin o-ring. Make sure its intact and in good shape.

4) fill with desired oil. stop when oil level reaches about 90-95% full.

5) screw in the bottom cap 1/3 of the way and bleed out any excess oil by very slowly pushing the shaft in and out a few times. I stress doing it very slowly. too fast and you will bleed out too much oil and create air bubbles.

6) The important part... when you screw in the bottom cap completely, make sure that the seal is flush with the shock body all around. Its very easy to tear this piece, so be gentle. Make sure its not hanging out or falling in. If done correctly, your shocks will be nice and smooth.