Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Vendetta rear Driveshaft and Dif issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 05:22 PM
markhat250

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vendetta rear Driveshaft and Dif issues

Because they were breaking every time out, I upgraded my rear driveshafts with these...

http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...DETTA%20&%20ST

But then my plastic outdrives broke.

So do I need to get steel outdrives and hope my rear plastic dif holds together, or do I get something more like this....

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXLXX4&P=ML

AND IF DO THAT, will I need to replace something else? I realize you fix one problem and it leads to another because "somthing's gotta give". Any help on this would be great!! I just want to get my Detta's running again and be reliable!!
Old 11-13-2007, 06:03 PM
rschoi_75

Default RE: Vendetta rear Driveshaft and Dif issues

a rear ball diff will be perfect. You won't need to do anything else for the rear. Even the stock diffs w/ alloy outdrives work fine with most set-ups. Just not crazy powerful ones.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:41 PM
markhat250

So that one at TowerHobbies is cool? In that link?
Old 11-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Mz

i am running duratrax cvd's with the stock diff and it holds up fine.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:16 PM
markhat250

When I ordered the cheaper ones ($22) from TheToyz.com I didn't realize that they didn't come with the steel outdrives that TowerHobbies comes with ($34 ?).

I was wondering about that......if just steel outdrives and the stock plastic dif would hold up. Sounds like it is for you Mz.

I can only assume that the steel ball dif and shafts are the ultimate in reliability though. I run on a water'd down track and at first when it's a titch muddy is when it seems I break shafts and whatnot with the extra wieght on the tires. I probably would have gone that route Mz since it's a little cheaper, but now that I'm here, I think I am going for the bulletproof way of ball difs and no plastic parts.

Thanks for your input guys. If anyone has anything else to add that would be great too.