Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

mini lst-2 or mini monster baja

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 01:36 PM
bigemike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mini lst-2 or mini monster baja

I am going to get a mini monster truck and I want to get a little info from those who have them. I already have an rc18t, so I want to get something different than it. I would like something that could go through grass, hopefully th mini baja fits that bill. This is going to be a basher for the time being.

Let me know what you guys reccomend, I am open to just about any brand.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Stealth47

Default RE: mini lst-2 or mini monster baja

IMO, I would have to say lst2 because it is 4wd. I drive my Raminator all over the place indoors and outdoors and I rairly get stuck. It manages to go over just about anything. I couldn't be happier with it. The decisions up to you.

Evan
Old 12-10-2007, 04:22 PM
mmbc

Well the mini baja has a lipo pack wich will make it go a lot faster than the lst2 and both of them are four wheel drive.Their both great trucks though.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:33 PM
rschoi_75

Not a MLST fan, so I'm going to have to put my money on the Mini Quake or M18MT. I used to own a mlst v1 and a mlst2. I didn't like either of them because of the drivetrain and steering issues. Its an awesome looking chassis, but it wasn't tough enough for the amount of power I wanted to pump through it.

I've had my MQ SE for three years now, and it still gets driven a lot. I love that truck.

Every truck has its pros and cons. Every truck needs some work to upgrade the weak spots. It was just cheaper and easier to get my MQ up to par than the MLST. And once upgraded, the MQ rarely breaks down. The MLST used to break down every 2-3 runs (diffs).
Old 12-10-2007, 07:41 PM
hummer11

i have a mini monster baja the diffs are metal like the mini lst 2 and the center diff sucks too it u want to get the mini monster baja for the lipo it sucks too espically with brushless.

on mine i have a 3 cell lipo, center ball diff, stock front and rears, quark 33 and a c4 8000kv ive had it for a month with no problems execpt for the center gear diff
Old 12-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Dokioto

MLST2 if you don't mind having to spend a little more money.. It's a great truck
Old 12-10-2007, 11:48 PM
bigtreds

I like my mini lst. lots of fun
Old 12-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Big Green Machine

ORIGINAL: Stealth47

IMO, I would have to say lst2 because it is 4wd. I drive my Raminator all over the place indoors and outdoors and I rairly get stuck. It manages to go over just about anything. I couldn't be happier with it. The decisions up to you.

Evan

There seems to be some confusion in this thread. Allow me to set the record

Mini Baja (aka. Mini T)

Mini "Monster" Baja aka. Mini LST-2

The diferences between the MMB and the LS2 are basically the battery. If you want a low end lipo cell get the Baja, if you want Nimh go with teh LST-2 otherwise they are the same truck other than the obvious diferences in body, wheels, tires.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:24 AM
feller57

look you guys are missing the point of a hobby car the two cars are the same and i say get the origional for 150 bucks and fix it up as you want
Old 01-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Big Green Machine

ORIGINAL: minilstc4

look you guys are missing the point of a hobby car the two cars are the same and i say get the origional for 150 bucks and fix it up as you want

I wouldn't recomened anyone buy the original MLST over the MLST2 series. Horrible idea. for 50/$60 more you get some essential steel diff gears, threaded alloy shocks and a spectrum 2.4 ghz radio. If you tried to "fix up" the MLST to meet those specs it would cost you another $150+.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:10 PM
grimreaper79

u know everyone is going to have there diff opiniouns but i have one of each and they both work great for me and both have qualities that the other lacks and both also have there problems that the other one does not but if u are just getting into the sport of rcing then i suggest getting the cheaper one to see how u like it then if u do like it go for another one that is a little better and keep working your way up there is no sence in shelling out the big bucks when u know nothing about them and then brake them by messing around so buy cheaper first tell u decided u like it
Old 01-15-2008, 11:57 PM
Big Green Machine

ORIGINAL: grimreaper79

u know everyone is going to have there diff opiniouns but i have one of each and they both work great for me and both have qualities that the other lacks and both also have there problems that the other one does not but if u are just getting into the sport of rcing then i suggest getting the cheaper one to see how u like it then if u do like it go for another one that is a little better and keep working your way up there is no sence in shelling out the big bucks when u know nothing about them and then brake them by messing around so buy cheaper first tell u decided u like it

What are you talking about? The Mini Monster Bjaja is a MLST2 with a diferent body and battery. THEY ARE THE SAME TRUCK!!!!!

Let this thread die already.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:53 PM
grimreaper79

i was talking about the mini baja sorry for the mis understanding
Old 01-17-2008, 09:35 PM
Big Green Machine

ORIGINAL: grimreaper79

i was talking about the mini baja sorry for the mis understanding

Some how you missed my post with the 2 giant pictures explaining the difference. It's all good, I just think it's funny how many people in this thread seemed to make that mistake (even after I attempted to sort it out.)
Old 01-18-2008, 03:49 AM
ekimusman2

mlst2

also, only get one of these trucks if you plan on spending alot of money on quality hopups to make it a real bad ass mini monster

my mlst2 has the following upgrades:

graphite chassis (upper and lower)
Ti-Ni shock shafts
mamba 25 ESC
mamba 8000 1/18 scale motor
viscious diff upgrade
dynamite 1900mah lipo
spektrum reciever

the list goes on

i love my truck now
Old 01-18-2008, 09:12 AM
04DarkShadowGT

I have a bone stock mini monster baja and I love it. Its a great truck, its plenty fast for me. I havent broken anything on it. Its great.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:18 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

You know, if people took the extra couple seconds to actually spell out a whole word or two it might avoid some confusion. The whole acronym thing is out of control.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:26 AM
feller57

you guys are all wrong the monster baja has adifforent body, wheels, battery, reciver, and suspention the only difforence is that the remote has a shorter antena. the battery sucks its an 2cell 7.4 volt you can buy an 11.1 volt for cheap. the all metal suspention is good but you can get alot better. get the mini lst for 150 dollars then get the battery. you can replace the suspention with the hot bodies oil filled.

also the monster baja is a mini lst but filed with stuff to make it "better" so kids will buy it insteadof the cheaper more logical mini lst.

get all the stuf at atomicmods.com and killerhobbies.com
make sure to get to atomic mods type it in to google search than pick the one that says atomicmods.com in green

i know every thing about mini lst so if you need help come to me