Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

MLST2 + mamba comp 6800 = what do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Big Green Machine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MLST2 + mamba comp 6800 = what do I need?

I want to pick up the 6800 comp set at my LHS but I was just curious what I will need to make the conversion to BL. Obviously I will need one smaller pinion, any size suggestions? What about mounting it on the stock motor mounts, do I need an adapter to make it work? Any other usggestions? Thanks.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:43 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: MLST2 + mamba comp 6800 = what do I need?

I will mount right were the stock motor is mounted. Make sure you have plenty of extra diffs. Also you will want a center ball diff and the dual disc slipper.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Big Green Machine

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

I will mount right were the stock motor is mounted. Make sure you have plenty of extra diffs. Also you will want a center ball diff and the dual disc slipper.
\ya, I'm going to pick up the center ball diff. I'm pretty sure the diffs will be fine though as they are made of steel as opposed to the plastics of the MLST. There was a guy on here that had a hoped up MLST2 with a bigger BL and he was still running his stock MLST2 steel diffs and hadn;t blown a single one as I had asked him about it. Any idea on a pinion size? Also, what slipper should I get, My retailer doesn;t carry any dual disc slipper and Ebay turns up nothing.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:28 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is the Losi Dual Disc slipper for the Mini-T or Mini-LST. I was running a Mamba 8000 in mine with the stock plastic front and rear diffs without any problems, but I think the diffs have held up just fine becuase of the dual disc slipper.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:51 PM
harleychris95

im in the process of doing my mini lst now. mamba max system and 3 cell thunder power lipo. first run blew both rears. steel ones are on order!