Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

Just got Ball differentials in for Vendetta ST! Need some information!

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Just got Ball differentials in for Vendetta ST! Need some information!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 03:55 PM
jtnktz
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got Ball differentials in for Vendetta ST! Need some information!

Well I paid 41.40 for it shipped priority at hkshobby.com (2 Sets). They have the cheapest items and it gets shipped fast. Well anyway it looks really good. Now I've heard there is maintance ball differentials. What do I do it, how do I do it and when do I do it.

PS: Sorry about pictures. Photography was never my best. (Yes I read the Photo topic, yes it was in macro mode, yes my camera sucks and yes maybe the cameraman just sucks period.)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23766.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	873236   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id97381.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	873237   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ye84322.jpg
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	873238   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ke91323.jpg
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	873239  
Old 02-08-2008, 08:30 PM
jaejw1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just got Ball differentials in for Vendetta ST! Need some information!

whenever the wheels dont have good diff action (when the wheels roll opposite from each other when u turn them by hand )
if u feelthat they are gritty or there is a sticking point

take note on how the feel now,,, they are smooth as butter.. after u cleanthem and put it all togethet they should feel the same way

take them apart on a white towel,,,, have diff lube and 2000 grit sandpaper ,,,,, remove the diff plates and rub them on the sand paper to smooth them doit to the sideds that willhave contact with the balls...... either replace the balls or clean them

use diff lube on the balls and replace the balls backin the main gear.... the thrust balls (the smaller balls that are wrapped around the screw) will need grease for lubing,,,

put it back together and tighten,,,,, just remember that youdont want it too tight or too loose,,,, not until u figure how the diff actionwill affect the cars handling

I prefer to have the rears tighter thanthe front,, just fyi