Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL Detta ST THREAD **********

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Thomas H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Detta ST THREAD **********

My shark / detta as a kit costed 150€ = 225$ and i upgraded it a lot so its far over that price, but the factory team wasn't released when I bought mine:S

Now mine is as good as the Factory Team so whatever.

The LRP Touring
http://www.modellbau-glueck.de/theme...80938&source=2

thats about $200
Old 05-29-2008, 12:45 PM
peelin_out

that shark is freakin hawt. and spensive.. but, yeah... any of our tricked out cars have 300+ in them eazy.. so it's not really that unreasonable.. then again, it takes away the fun of the modding and stuff. oh well.. still a super nice rolling chassis! whew.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Thomas H

It is a lot cheaper to buy the factory team than buy a normal kit and upgrade it, in europe, but overhere its a bit cheaper. But anyways it a NICE car when you hop it up and put brushless in it.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:59 PM
pro2jay

Is there any way i can convert my Vendetta ST into a Buggy?
Old 05-30-2008, 08:24 AM
Nasher

ORIGINAL: pro2jay

Is there any way i can convert my Vendetta ST into a Buggy?
i think all you really need is buggy rims/tires, buggy body(of course), buggy body mounts/shocktowers, i think that's all you truly need, it will sit a little high though because of the longer shocks, changing the angles should fix that though
Old 05-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Majishin8383

Thats a nice kit but ya I think we are all almost at that level with the amount of upgrades we have on our brushless st's
Old 05-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Majishin8383

There are actually many differences in the two models cvd lengths steering knuckles tire width of course the shock mounts and body mounts besides the st imo is better less breakage due to less part exposure.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:40 AM
sunco1

hey guys! I recently broke a stock axle and all i have was buggy ones because my lhs sold me the wrong ones.

So i snaped 2 together.

Cut it to length

And drilled the hole for the pin. I'll post up some picture in a few minutes
Old 05-31-2008, 12:55 PM
jaejw1

I got the ST from japan,, and after 2 weeks of running I broke a cvd... soI used the cvds from the buggy and cut in half,,, placed the cut halves in an alumni tube and drilled holes through the tube to use a smallpin to capture the cvd shaft and the used CA glue to secure it all....

did the same with the steel cvds but I sweat welded the shafts inside the alumni tubes,,,,,,
Old 05-31-2008, 06:47 PM
pro2jay

hey jaejw1, Would the 3s flightpower battery pack fit the vandetta
Old 05-31-2008, 07:18 PM
jaejw1

NO... THE 2S FITS SNUG ALREADY..
Old 05-31-2008, 08:38 PM
pro2jay

around how long is the run time
Old 05-31-2008, 08:40 PM
DrivenProductions

This is my ST,
It will sport our new 7mm wheel adapters. Now any MLST rim and tire combo can be ran on the ST.

Team DP
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51331.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	961155   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81994.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	961156   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm23888.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	961157  
Old 05-31-2008, 10:08 PM
jaejw1

the runtime is about 10minutes.. in my video it shows me using the same pack from one charge...

DRIVEN... how is the turning radius ,,, i tried running the mini lst tires and it didnt do too well at the track...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78978.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	961219   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa84799.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	961220  
Old 05-31-2008, 10:53 PM
pro2jay

What Battery would you suggest that has just as much power.... with about 20 min run time
Old 05-31-2008, 11:02 PM
rckt_mtrspts
Banned

ORIGINAL: DrivenProductions

This is my ST,
It will sport our new 7mm wheel adapters. Now any MLST rim and tire combo can be ran on the ST.

Team DP
very cool idea
Old 06-01-2008, 12:48 AM
DrivenProductions

ORIGINAL: jaejw1

the runtime is about 10minutes.. in my video it shows me using the same pack from one charge...

DRIVEN... how is the turning radius ,,, i tried running the mini lst tires and it didnt do too well at the track...

The turning radius is wider than stock not by much but I definitely see the need for a upgraded servo. The MLST rims and tires are heavier.
For bashing its fine but for racing a different tire would be needed. I got some losi mini pins an hs85mg going in and I'll report back on how those do.

On a side note I found out the shock position in the arm, needs to be moved to the inside hole or else under full lock the rim rubs the screw head.

team DP
Old 06-01-2008, 11:26 AM
rschoi_75

DP,
Looks like a good product. Glad you guys decided to make hop-ups for the vendetta. Any hope of seeing a few more things?
Old 06-01-2008, 11:30 AM
rckt_mtrspts
Banned

The turning radius is wider than stock not by much but I definitely see the need for a upgraded servo. The MLST rims and tires are heavier.
For bashing its fine but for racing a different tire would be needed. I got some losi mini pins an hs85mg going in and I'll report back on how those do.

On a side note I found out the shock position in the arm, needs to be moved to the inside hole or else under full lock the rim rubs the screw head.

team DP
Why not try a premium 1/10 servo instead of a mini? Couldn't you use 1/10 buggy rear tires on MLST rims as a better option?
Old 06-01-2008, 02:10 PM
DrivenProductions

ORIGINAL: rschoi_75

DP,
Looks like a good product. Glad you guys decided to make hop-ups for the vendetta. Any hope of seeing a few more things?

We are testing thicker delrin shock towers for the ST (we had our aluminum ones bend from just a couple roll overs and cartwheels)
They will flex some but unlike aluminum they will return to their shape in a tumble or impact.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:15 PM
DrivenProductions

ORIGINAL: rckt_mtrspts

team DP
Why not try a premium 1/10 servo instead of a mini? Couldn't you use 1/10 buggy rear tires on MLST rims as a better option?
I agree on the servo , but I got a couple of 85's floating around the shop so that why im trying that out. I dont see why not use the buggy tires they might turn better.
The main goal was just to make adapters to mount the MLST rims. Trying out new tires will just be the fun part. At least their is tire options now.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:01 PM
DrivenProductions

Im going to cut some 8mm hex and trying running some half 8 wheels ,im thinking wth the thinner width the turning radius might not be so wide.
ill keep ya guy posted
Old 06-01-2008, 03:11 PM
rschoi_75

I do agree that your st hexes may need a little more off-set, but I'm sure you'll figure something out with more testing. I've been using atomic kmi adapters from time to time, and they are a nice touch since you can use them on both the buggy and st.

As for the delrin shock tower idea, I'm a little unsure about the idea. The amount of flex would worry me. A lot of us just double the towers for more strength. What about making some out of steel or 3mm alum? Shock towers sound interesting, but I'd really like to see some delrin arms for st and pbs buggy (upper & lower), rear hubs, or extended 12mm hexes. Those are things I would buy since comparable parts in alloy make the truck too heavy imo.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:32 PM
DrivenProductions

ORIGINAL: rschoi_75

I do agree that your st hexes may need a little more off-set, but I'm sure you'll figure something out with more testing. I've been using atomic kmi adapters from time to time, and they are a nice touch since you can use them on both the buggy and st.

As for the delrin shock tower idea, I'm a little unsure about the idea. The amount of flex would worry me. A lot of us just double the towers for more strength. What about making some out of steel or 3mm alum? Shock towers sound interesting, but I'd really like to see some delrin arms for st and pbs buggy (upper & lower), rear hubs, or extended 12mm hexes. Those are things I would buy since comparable parts in alloy make the truck too heavy imo.

We are very big on cutting plastic but the idea of a 3mm shock tower in aluminum could be a possibility.

I think well have ya covered We got a lot in the works for the ST with the new novak system coming out the ST will defiantly be our favorite mini.

The extended 12mm hexs are a easy part to make and could be made a realty well look into getting some longer screws to included if we decide to mass produce them.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:02 PM
rschoi_75

Awesome! Glad to hear you've got more things in the works. Your products should breath some new life into these trucks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.