Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

RC18T Carbon fiber upper deck

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 03:02 PM
nickd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC18T Carbon fiber upper deck

Hello I was wondering if any of the mini owners here had a Carbon fiber upper deck on rc18 series vehicles
If you do would it be possible for you to take a scan of it so that I may have a template to fabricate mine.
I have left over carbon fiber from another project and would love to make my own with some modifications from the ones sold, I just need the proper dimensions for the points where the deck attaches to the gearbox covers.
Thanks Nick
Old 06-02-2008, 03:09 PM
rckt_mtrspts
Banned

Default RE: RC18T Carbon fiber upper deck

The deck does not attach to the gearboox covers, they are integrated together
Old 06-02-2008, 07:25 PM
nickd

actually they do most of the time
this is what i am referring too....
Old 06-02-2008, 07:50 PM
rckt_mtrspts
Banned

Actually they do not. Do you have a RC18? The picture you show is from one that has seperate milled aluminum gearbox covers.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:23 PM
nickd

Yes I have had a rc18t since it came out (several years now) and have all alloy on it and many other upgrades I know this truck inside and out.
For the carbon fiber decks what other supplier have told you to do is to trim the stock top plate off leaving only the exposed gearbox covers.
This is the full kit that the one posted above comes with, as you can see it does not include alloy gearbox covers
http://www.diggitydesigns.com/xr18_c..._black_DD.html
Also here are the instructions included for the top plate as sold individually from the same vendor.
http://www.diggitydesigns.com/downlo...s_topPlate.pdf

I suggest you do some research before giving false information in such a condescending tone.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:09 AM
rckt_mtrspts
Banned

Just because one diggity little company does it like that does not make it an industry standard. I had gotten ahold of a template for you and was planning on sending it to you, but since you have insisted on being such a know-it-all, rude, and insulting I guess you can keep trolling for help elsewhere.[>:]
Old 06-04-2008, 12:35 AM
maxxin2.5

he didnt even sound ssnappy to me...you asked him if he had an rc18 and he answered.the he added more info about the rc18t carbon parts..
and dont go and say ohh i WAS goin to give it to but since you are blah blah blah im not...thats even ruder...

yeah he says do sme reh but the info you gave was inncorect...

and nickd are you looking forthe exo tek chassis or something..i dont get it...you looking for the whole thing or just that one plate...
Old 06-04-2008, 02:42 PM
nickd

ORIGINAL: rckt_mtrspts

Just because one diggity little company does it like that does not make it an industry standard. I had gotten ahold of a template for you and was planning on sending it to you, but since you have insisted on being such a know-it-all, rude, and insulting I guess you can keep trolling for help elsewhere.[>:]
I only know of two companies that make carbon fiber upper decks for the rc18t, dignity designs being very popular and well as exotek one which I believe is what your familiar with as it has the machined gearbox coves, unfortunately that one is sold only as part of the conversion that they have.
Also I do not believe that I tried to come off as a "know it all", calling your tone condescending could be taken taken as being rude it was not the intention though.
If you do have a template I would appreciate you sharing it, otherwise your not really contributing to this thread with your comments.
Thanks Nick

-Maxxin
I am just looking for a template or image to use as one to fabricate my own top plate out of 3mm quasi weave fiber I have (strong stuff)
Its not a big deal if I dont find one otherwise I just have to measure it up by eye, I just thought it would be easier if anyone had one.
Its easier to make one being that I have the material and I need to modify the top plate design to fit a 2200mah lipo
Old 01-25-2011, 02:24 PM
subcaptian

Sorry to ressurect a dead thread, but 3racing makes a carbon fiber chassis kit that comes with an upper deck thats availible through the toyz.