Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

RC18MT charger?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 08:01 PM
JonnyLightening
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC18MT charger?

Hi, I have 2 questions about chargers. First the 10 hour charger it comes with does it have an automatic shut off at the 10 hour mark or does it keep charging until you take it off? Second I have a Piranha CX-15 that I used for my 1/10 rc. Will this chager work with the stock rc18mt battery, if so how long would I charge it for please help!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 11:47 PM
calvino

Default RE: RC18MT charger?

ORIGINAL: JonnyLightening

Hi, I have 2 questions about chargers. First the 10 hour charger it comes with does it have an automatic shut off at the 10 hour mark or does it keep charging until you take it off? Second I have a Piranha CX-15 that I used for my 1/10 rc. Will this chager work with the stock rc18mt battery, if so how long would I charge it for please help!!!
i am prety shure the stock charger will charge about 10 hrs and then say "ok, bat is done" and cut power, as for the charger you have, i don't think it is such a good idea for mini packs, i have found they can only take about 1.5A charge max or they start to get very hot and i fear lasting cell damage or worse..........
Old 06-25-2008, 07:08 AM
JonnyLightening
My Feedback: (8)

thanks for the help.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:14 AM
BigTb17

The charger that comes with the RC18MT does not shut off. It will continue charging as long as it is plugged in. It is a very slow charger, so you won't destroy your battery if you leave it on for a couple hours extra. But it does not shut off on its own.

calvino is correct about the CX-15. It is rated at 2.5-4 amp charge rate. That would almost certainly damage your battery.