Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

micro rs4?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 02:41 AM
supamagician

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default micro rs4?

In the description of this car, it says it has solid diffs for drifting. What does this do for drifting?
Does this mean that I cant make a tire swap and unplug the D-box and run it like a touring car?

Also, what are the stock speeds of this car? What would it take to get it into the 50mph (60mph if possible) range?
Old 06-29-2008, 08:22 AM
BigTb17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: micro rs4?

ORIGINAL: supamagician

In the description of this car, it says it has solid diffs for drifting. What does this do for drifting?
Does this mean that I cant make a tire swap and unplug the D-box and run it like a touring car?

Also, what are the stock speeds of this car? What would it take to get it into the 50mph (60mph if possible) range?
Solid diffs force both wheels to spin, making it easier to slide around. However, I have a Micro RS4 and I've never had any trouble getting it to slide, getting it not to the was harder.

You would definitely want regular open diffs if you wanted to use it as a touring car. It would turn/handle much better.

Stock speed isn't super fast, but isn't terrible for what it is. I think 50-60 MPH would be very difficult unless you had a perfectly smooth surface. The car doesn't have a whole lot of suspension to absorb bumbs at speed. My buddy has a Micro RS4 with a brushless motor and a 2 cell Li-Po. Nowhere near 50MPH (maybe 30-35MPH) and it is a handful. Not saying it couldn't be done, just might not be the best car for it unless you have a super smooth surface to drive it on that is big enough to use that kind of speed.