Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Need help setting up a mamba on a Mini-t

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 02:30 AM
Re-Builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help setting up a mamba on a Mini-t

Having some trouble with a mamba on a mini-t. Just put a Spektrum 3.0 with a micro rec. in a mini-t, already had a mamba installed and it was working fine. It seems that the spektrum is affecting it somehow. When I try to get into the program mode, it just takes off full speed. After a bunch of tries, I get it to program. I can't get it to calibrate at all. I'm sure that may be affecting any other programming as well. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks for any help...

Old 07-04-2008, 04:06 AM
DarkHorse

Default RE: Need help setting up a mamba on a Mini-t

First follow the manual for the calibration routine to set the throttle endpoints and neutral position.

Then hold full throttle and power up... wiat... wait.. then back to neutral... you hear 'daa-daa' your in!

> When I try to get into the program mode, it just takes off full speed.
You may have the ESC operating in reverse, what you think is full throttle is actualy full reverse?
If so you may need to swap/reverse throttle channel on Tx and swap any two wires on the 3 phase brushless motor (otherwise full throttel will go backwards on the truck).
Old 07-04-2008, 04:58 AM
rcdude4051
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Need help setting up a mamba on a Mini-t

ORIGINAL: DarkHorse

First follow the manual for the calibration routine to set the throttle endpoints and neutral position.

Then hold full throttle and power up... wiat... wait.. then back to neutral... you hear 'daa-daa' your in!

> When I try to get into the program mode, it just takes off full speed.
You may have the ESC operating in reverse, what you think is full throttle is actualy full reverse?
If so you may need to swap/reverse throttle channel on Tx and swap any two wires on the 3 phase brushless motor (otherwise full throttel will go backwards on the truck).

when setting the esc, if u mess this step up accidently u can re-do it anytime u have the mamba micro pro , just hold full throttle on and turn the esc on