Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Mini-T Steering woes

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 01:06 AM
sic_fx
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini-T Steering woes

ok, so i just got my mini-t today. put ball bearings and on road-ish tires on it, with a venom pack. i'm just getting into rc and may be just overlooking something simple, but my problem is my steering keeps just randomly stopping working. it sucks when i can only do donuts for a minute, or when its flying along and then there is no steering. is there a simple fix for this?

also i bought a mini lst frenzy 370 motor, will this be faster than the stock setup?

thanks in advance.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:04 AM
Gex_61

Default RE: Mini-T Steering woes

You probably stripped the gears in the mini-t's stock servo. You can buy replacments.

The 370 will go faster, but your run time will be shorter. Make sure it works with the mini-t's esc, I'm not sure that it does.

Also, Venom batteries are not very good. Look into getting Intellect or Gold Peak batteries, and you will have more power and run time.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:28 AM
buster7467
My Feedback: (2)

Yea, get some better batteries. I am not a fan of anything from Venom.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:59 AM
Evan T.

thats happened to me what you can try is loosening the servo bracket a little bit but not to much and then turn the wheels alittle bit with your hands
Old 07-23-2008, 03:52 PM
sic_fx
My Feedback: (5)

i don't know how i could have stripped the gears it did it straight out of the box. as far as batteries go, can i run lipo on a mini-t? i'm gonna do a brushless motor in the future anyways, so i figure i can go ahead and get batteries that i can run the brushless setup with.

how much is a replacement servo? if its cheap i'll just get a new one.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:11 PM
buster7467
My Feedback: (2)

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSB1091 Here is a link to the stock servo. And you could probably get away with running a 2s lipo with the stock radio gear. But have to get new receiver, esc, servo to go brushless.