Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

Answer: Speed Control Won't Program with Radio

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Answer: Speed Control Won't Program with Radio

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 01:55 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Answer: Speed Control Won't Program with Radio

If you have a Castle Creations power system and have trouble calibrating it with your radio even though you followed everything in the manual, it's not your fault.

The arming time for the speed control is not long enough for the Spektrum radio system. When your radio is switched on, it needs a moment to "talk" to the receiver to locate a clear frequency. This ends up being longer than the default arming time of the Sidewinder speed control, which is 1.5 seconds. This issue is easy to resolve thanks to the programmability Castle Creations builds into its speed controls. The arming time in the Sidewinder is adjustable and can be simply accessed with Castle Creations Castle Link. The default arming time setting is 1.5 seconds; try switching it to 2.5 seconds, which should be long enough to allow the speed control to calibrate with your radio.

Just found out this solution in the magazine. I had so much trouble calibrate my Castle Creation system with my radio and even the tech support at Castle Creation could not help me either. Well, just found the solution, and share with you guys.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Mousesi2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Answer: Speed Control Won't Program with Radio

good find though ive never had trouble programing mine x_x
Old 10-08-2008, 04:11 PM
calvino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Answer: Speed Control Won't Program with Radio

get the castle link and set the arm time to more like 2-3 seconds, the radio you run takes longer for it to arm[8D], plus with the castle link you can go banannas with the controls