Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Anyone use Apogee lipos? good runtimes?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 01:44 PM
deanR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use Apogee lipos? good runtimes?

Yo,

I was just wondering if anyone on here uses apogee lipos or limn's. http://pfmdistribution.com/secure/shop/listcats.asp
I am looking at the 1000 and 1500 mah 2s limn packs. does anyone have any experience with these. I have heard that these can be charged at a 2C rate. I would be running this in an 18r with a mamba 8000 system. About how much runtime would the 1000 give me?
The 1500?

Also, I am not new to lipos or brushless, just for the record.

Thanks,
Dean
Old 12-25-2008, 11:08 AM
GravityJunkie

Default RE: Anyone use Apogee lipos? good runtimes?

I run Apogee packs in my Losi MF2 and CRT .5. I used to run them in my mlst before I sold it. They are a fine batt. I've had no problems with them. As far as the full size batts Apogee batts that I run, there are several other higher C packs I'd rather try. When I had the mlst, they made the only pack 20c cont. batt that fit that truck. That 20c really woke up the Wraith motor. I'd search around and find the highest C batt that can fit your truck. If that batt is the Apogee pack, then you'd be plenty happy with them.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:18 PM
deanR

Ok thanks.
I ended up getting a common sense 2100 2s lipo, and its fast charge capable at 2C, thats why i got it.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:17 PM
nlsolja26

apogees are great batteries. i own a couple 1500 limns for my detta. i didnt know they could be charged at 2c though. one of mine short circuited badly when i accidentally crossed the wires and any other battery it could have been bad news, but these things are amazing for the safety alone.