Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Raminator

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 06:50 PM
lositwo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raminator

is the Raminator a decent truck? i read one review and they said it held up to bashing.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:48 PM
lkaras1
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: Raminator

It's not too bad of a truck. I just bought 2 for xmas for my kids 10y and 6y. The trucks held up for the most part but both did lose a wheel due to the wheel nuts not being tightened up enough fom the factory. I double checked them all and and they where all loose. The speed controls are junk (no adjustments) but for the price I found them online ( $60.00 each) I just had to buy them. They are alot bigger than my rc18mt though.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:37 PM
dacaur

I wouldn't call the esc's junk. sure there are no adjustments, but they work well, have thermal cutoff, and voltage cutoff (cuts power when it detects a rapid voltage drop, like when a battery is dead)

The raminator is better than a mini LST, but not quite as good as a mini lst2... it has plastic ring a pinion gears, but you can replace them with the metal ones from the mlst2. I have a mini lst2, and its definitely my favorite mini....
Old 12-30-2008, 11:01 PM
lkaras1
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: dacaur

I wouldn't call the esc's junk. sure there are no adjustments, but they work well, have thermal cutoff, and voltage cutoff (cuts power when it detects a rapid voltage drop, like when a battery is dead)

The raminator is better than a mini LST, but not quite as good as a mini lst2... it has plastic ring a pinion gears, but you can replace them with the metal ones from the mlst2. I have a mini lst2, and its definitely my favorite mini....
Do you think the esc can handle lipos since it has a voltage cutoff?
Old 12-31-2008, 11:32 AM
JasonK94Z

Got one for my 4 1/2 yr old son this xmas. I too had a wheel fall off, and dang near lost that little pin! Luckily I saw it flicker in the light. Seems like a decent truck. I ordered a mini lst2 for myself though. I think the lst2 is worthe the extra money (better radio, dual motors, better diff's, etc).
Old 12-31-2008, 12:09 PM
lositwo

ya the lst 2 does have better electronics but i have heard a lot of complaints about it. I have not heard too many complaints about the rc18mt, but it has been out for a long time.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:56 PM
dacaur

ORIGINAL: lkaras1

ORIGINAL: dacaur

Do you think the esc can handle lipos since it has a voltage cutoff?

yes it can handle a 2 cell lipo, The built in voltage cutoff would work, but would be best to get a seperate lipo cutoff, as the voltage it normaly cuts off at is a little lower than most people recomend....