Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Tight fit with lipo in micro-t?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 09:06 PM
benzy2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tight fit with lipo in micro-t?

I was wondering if anyone else had a real tight fit putting their losi lipo into the battery tray under the truck? It is so tight that something has pinched and now the battery cuts out. The local store won't take anything back and with shipping to losi I might as well just start over. The stock NiMH battery fits fine. This isn't the bigger battery for the DT. Is there something I am doing wrong or did I just get an out of spec battery?
Old 01-24-2009, 11:40 PM
domoMKIV

Default RE: Tight fit with lipo in micro-t?

throw up some pics of the batteries, could help.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:20 AM
RCCanuck

yes they are a snug fit......what I do is just make sure that nothing gets pinched while putting it in.......there is 1 way the battery will go in easier you have to fiddle with it to find it...............If you have damaged the wire just fix it and wrap it with some shrink tubing.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:05 AM
ftt4maniac

I did the same thing with my micro t. And IMO customer support at LOSI stinks. I called and e-mailed them about 20 times combined, finally got a hold of someone, and was told that if i hurt the battery putting it in the truck, then they would not replace it. The killer is that either the truck or the battery was not designed properly and obviously a lot of people have problems with it, the lipo batteries are way overpriced as it is.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Wild YFZ 450

Its not the Battery nor the Trucks fault.. Ive had many lipos and they where all snug fits.. You have to make sure your not Squeezing it in to hard.. Obviously if you push it in there so hard something is going to give.. Just make sure you can gently push it in not Force it..
Old 01-25-2009, 04:19 PM
Mr. Mugen

I massaged my pack until it was the right shape to fit. I didn't buy the losi pack though. I bought a pack from heli hobby that is 250mah and basically just rubbed it to shape. Been working since micro release..

Kevin