Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

I want to go lipo on my lst2?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 08:15 PM
ruststang94
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to go lipo on my lst2?

I just got a mini lst2 and would like to go lipo with the stock setup. Is there anything other then the lipo that I will need? Also what is a lipo to use?
Old 03-05-2009, 08:43 PM
austin150

Default RE: I want to go lipo on my lst2?

for a lipo batter youll need a charger a lithium charger that is compatible with your lipo battery and yes they are exspensive but the run time is twice as long and make sure the battery is campatible with you car
Old 03-05-2009, 09:41 PM
ruststang94

I have a lipo charger that i use on my planes. Just wondering if i need a low voltage cutoff? never had a car with a lipo.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:40 PM
austin150

ive never heard of a low voltage cut off not sure what that is but i dont think you would need one cause ive asked around and no ones ever told me about a low voltage cutoff for an rc car but i could be wrong
Old 03-07-2009, 08:44 PM
SnailPowered

If there is any doubt the MMB receiver has the cutoff built in so you could get one of those, I BELIEVE the rx is the same though.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:03 PM
ELECTRICRC1

[link]http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=DYN1421[/link]
i used this battery in my mini lst and didnt do anything but just stick it in and it really woke up the stock electronics
Old 03-08-2009, 02:54 AM
animalnut

YES you must have a voltage cutoff there is no way around it, unless you dont mind a small fire consuming your truck when you over discharge the battery[:@]
Old 03-08-2009, 08:20 AM
SnailPowered

So THAT'S what happens LOL. Does the Mamba Micro-Pro come with a voltage cutoff? Also, does anyone know if yo HAVE to buy the castle link to program the ESC. I saw a picture that looked like the hook up was a normal mini-B USB plug on the MMP. All this electric stuff is new to me, I have only ever had nitro stuff until I bought my Mini Monster Baja.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Metallover

The mamba micro pro has a built in lvc. You don't need the castle link, but I think it should come with it.

I would stay away from maxmaps and losi batteries. They are both overpriced. Maxamps batteries just suck imo. Look on tower hobbies at some flightpower batteries. They actually match their cells and they perform great. They are also less expensive then the other two.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:38 AM
SnailPowered

Thanks a ton! I know the stock MMB battery is pretty much worthless. I hope the 1650 is better, it says it is 20C continuous and 30C burst. I have an Ace Power that is considerably better than the stock battery and t is only a 1050mah with 15C continuous and 20C burst. Will that be sufficient for a Mamba CM2054? I know the MMP can handle 35 amps and I don't see me getting anywhere near that...I guess this all depends on my gearing too right?

EDIT: I just looked at those Flightpower batteries and they appear to be longer than the stock battery, so you would need to modify the battery tray, I could be wrong but that is how it looks.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:43 PM
ruststang94

I'm going to use common sense. Whats a good lipo lvc?
Old 03-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Metallover

Are you using 2s or 3s?

Here's a good 2s flightpower that will last a long time - http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWNV1&P=7 ~$22
Here's one with more capacity, highly recommended. We use these in vendettas with Neu's that draw upwards of 50 amps - http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWTY5&P=7 ~$35

Look at all the [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=&FVSEARCH=EONLITE+&search=Go]EONLITE batteries[/link] and the EON28 and EON33. The EONLITEs are cheapest...

For a lvc, you can find a cheap one on hobbycity. While you are there you can get a couple lipos too. They are cheap and seem to be pretty good packs.